Sponsored by:

Comp "R" lifter question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 12:05 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp "R" lifter question..

Dos anyone have concrete proof that the Comp "R" lifters make more power over the Crane replacement lifters?

TIA!
Joe.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Comp "R" lifter question..

and what exactly would make one lifter make more power than another lifter? The only POSSIBLE thing I could see is perhaps weight, but even then the difference would be so small it wouldn't matter.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and what exactly would make one lifter make more power than another lifter? The only POSSIBLE thing I could see is perhaps weight, but even then the difference would be so small it wouldn't matter.
What could make a difference in power is the ability of the lifter to avoid pumping up or bleeding down (if it pumps up, the valve can hang open a little bit; if it bleeds down, the valve won't see full lift).
Old 05-05-2003, 02:06 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

What could make a difference in power is the ability of the lifter to avoid pumping up or bleeding down (if it pumps up, the valve can hang open a little bit; if it bleeds down, the valve won't see full lift).

Exactly! Thats my question, thanks Burn Out..

Any other input here?

TIA
Joe.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have any proof that the comp Rs work better... but one thing I can say is that the Comp Rs appear to be reworked more than the Cranes...

I have a set of stockers, Cranes and Comp Rs (Comp Rs in car now)... the stockers and Cranes looked identical, whereas the CompRs had different clips in them, and a different body..

But dunno which is better
Old 05-05-2003, 02:31 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

S/E guys run bushed stock lifters which have less travel in them, like .025 I heard.

I have been running Comp R lifters and have no supporting evidence that they work but my dyno sheets have typically shown no valve float or other weird problems.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:03 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Thanks PSJ, One of the reasons why I was asking is because the Comp "R" lifters are actually a little heavier than the stock replacements so I was hoping that there was something else to them that was preferd over the Cranes. I can understand if your running high spring pressures 120 seat + that there less likely to bleed down under high RPM's I just thought that someone had some proof positive that they were worth some more power.
Thanks
Joe.