Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Compression?

All my cylinders checked out at 205 psi except for the the seconf and third cylinder on the driver's side. The second was 180 and the the third was 125. I had two burnt plugs on the second and forth cylinder on the driver's side after spraying the car. The car ran fine before I sprayed but started running pourly afterwards due to the burnt plugs. I replaced all the plugs. My question is can I have a blown head gasket? My coolant and oil look good. My car is not running hot and it doesn't smoke that I can tell. The only reason why I asked about the head gasket is because of the two lowest pressure cylinders are next to each other.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

After juice that is not good at all. Burning plugs on N2O means severe detonnation. Bet is you fried the ringlands.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default follow up

did you add a couple squirts of engine oil to each cylinder and re-test the compression? The differenece in results might tell you something.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
After juice that is not good at all. Burning plugs on N2O means severe detonnation. Bet is you fried the ringlands.

Well the the cylinder with the lowest compression (third on driver's side) had a great looking plug. The last cylinder on the driver's side had a burnt plug but it had great compression. The car makes no more noise than it did before. One of my buddies fried the ringlands on #7 and 8 and it made all kinds of noise.

Originally Posted by tee-boy
did you add a couple squirts of engine oil to each cylinder and re-test the compression? The differenece in results might tell you something.
No I didn't squirt any engine oil in the cylinders. I will try that this weekend and see what happens.