Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Cam Guide*** Sticky Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Cam Guide*** Sticky Questions

I have a question - for JRP - or anyone who cares to answer. One of the most helpful parts of the sticky was the Excel sheet with the cam manufacturer, min and max rpm, cost and comments.

Maybe this has been reviewed to the point of but I'll go ahead and ask it anyway.

#1, is there an updated sheet with more comments on each individual cam? There are a good number of cams listed on the form with no comments. As someone living in California, I can't run the T Rex on my DD. So, something with a good or excellent idle is important, as well as being able to pass smog with my mild build up. The Lunati cam has the most comments, but I don't want to limit my decision based on one set of comments.

#2, what is the min and max rpm on the sheet referring to? I'd prefer more low and mid range hp/torque than power above 6,000 rpm's. So (from a newbie perspective), when I look at that form, I assume cams with lower min rpm's would gravitate towards more under the curve power?

I think adding this information to the sticky would be extremely helpful (for those like myself that read it).
Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

or not lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tr224 114 lsa.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
tr224 114 lsa.
I know that is one of the best DD cams, from reading the sticky. My point being, if information could be added to update the sticky, I think it would avoid the 1 billion posts asking about idle qualities, torque curves, price, etc.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its about the biggest you can go with your emission testing and for ther power under the curve that your looking for.

The chart is old. The rpm thing is the range of the cam

Quick Reply: ***Cam Guide*** Sticky Questions