World Warhawk LS1X Heads *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PunkNPonys
Lifters?

Before Comp R's and there For sale BTW.

New Ones will be Comp's as well, But they will be for a Sollid cam. Bushed Lifter Bores, Jesel Rockers.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to tell you this but I am going to bet the thing won't stop making power till after 7400rpm. My cam only has .675 lift and stock casting heads and so far we are spinning it to 8300. Get a good machine shop and let the thing spin to where it needs to, I wouldn't set limits like that or you could be leaving a lot on the table.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense to me man...I would have ran the ls7's but that would caused for a new intake and so on...Congrats on seeing when enough is enough..lol Something i dont do very well...

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I totally see what your saying.

Im not just building it for that race and i REALLY dont think ill be done in time..

I really dont care about it or even pushing a set-up to its max anymore....

Its the same Iron Block i had before. ARP 12 Point studs with the above Heads O-ringed and the block with copper gaskets.

We were just looking to refresh the short-block after i had blown a head gasket pushing 26 psi last time out.
Found that the stock crank had been flexing so i replaced it with a forged one.
Reusing the same Rods, new Pistons, the above new heads with a thicker deck...
Alot of the Machining is done no $$ out of my Pocket...

The above heads were only about $4-500 cheaper then the 6 Bolt Heads, but the $4400 for the Warhawk Block, + the other $800 for parts needed to make the block work wasnt on my list. Like i said i dont care enough about it.
Then back to the LSX Block.
The $2200 for the block is cheaper yes.
But $3500 for ETP 6 Bolt heads isnt.
It all just snow ***** from there.....
If your gunna do that you might as well do a Dry sump set-up and there another $4K.
So your cheap build just became another $15K
Im just freshining up my motor and ill prob push around 22 psi spinning the motor to 7200 rpm's max and just work on my 60'
What ET She runs is what she does.

Yes with the right builder.... (My Current Engine Builder builds all kinds of Motor's and i have extreme faith and confidents in him and his skills to build a Boosted motor.
2600HP in his current SBC Motor speaks for its self.....
If it cant be done with what i currently have ill Prob ditch the LS1 all togeather.

I hope ya see what im saying.
With a New Wife and a bay due in Sept this will prob take the back seat anyways.

I just want to make the car reliable to a certain degree and just run the Car Like KP has been doing.
If not ill back the power down and just enjoy racing the car at local tracks.
I dont want to get bumbed out all togeather and sell the damn car..

Kyle
Old 07-31-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCFormula
I hate to tell you this but I am going to bet the thing won't stop making power till after 7400rpm. My cam only has .675 lift and stock casting heads and so far we are spinning it to 8300. Get a good machine shop and let the thing spin to where it needs to, I wouldn't set limits like that or you could be leaving a lot on the table.

We will see...... Im sure ill have plenty left on the table and im sure that will be the least of my worries..... with not even pushing it above 7400 like your saying ill bet we do 1200+ rwhp....
Was at almost 1100 with the old set-up.

I would never spin a Wet sump motor to 8K + RPM.
Not worth the Wear and Tear to me.

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Makes sense to me man...I would have ran the ls7's but that would caused for a new intake and so on...Congrats on seeing when enough is enough..lol Something i dont do very well...
Yeah i looked an many different options and alot of them were just spending more $$$

Most know what it takes to begin with to build set-ups like this.... It almost never ends.... Got to draw the line somewhere...

Kyle

Quick Reply: World Warhawk LS1X Heads *Pics*