Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which TSP H/C package would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I guess all my attempts to refrain from "bashing" anyone did little good.

Jason, I had no intentions of "bashing" your company, and frankly, I don't think I did. I was simply sharing my experiences with others out there that were considering buying aftermarket parts. I never said it can only happen with TSP, matter of fact, I stated that it can happen anywhere. I also went on to say that I've been more than happy in the past with your company and service and I continue to still do business with you. Only until this last time when I repeatedly asked for a flow sheet (to document the results obtained on your bench), and was promised one repeatedly - yet failed to receive it multiple times, was I somewhat disappointed. Of the three sets of heads I've gotten from you guys, not once have I gotten a flow sheet.

Is it the end of the world? No. Will I continue to do business with you? Yeah, probably so.

Heck, matter of fact, I'll probably still recommend you over a lot of other places. If that's what "customer bashing" will get you, heck I'd let folks bash my company every day.

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I checked the cylinder heads in question here at our shop.

The cylinder heads flowed right at 300cfm @ .600" lift here at our shop. I completely disassembled the heads, cleaned them completely, and decked them to fix the screwed up decking that the customer did to them prior to shipping them to me.
Man that's great...I'm glad to hear they did. All I needed was a flow sheet saying that. Had I gotten it, I would have concluded that there must have been something set up wrong, the conditions were different or the operator didn't know what they were doing.

Those cylinder heads flowed within 8 cfm of what a brand new set flows on my bench. For a used cylinder head I think they worked just fine. I've recently tested a new LS6 head on both our flow bench & another local 1020 bench with very compareable results.
Again man, that's great. A flow sheet would have resolved my doubts.

You guys can read around on ls1tech, there's tons of people online that have independently flow tested our cylinder heads with great results!

I guess I learned one thing today, you can checkout cylinder heads for free, clean them for free, fix Patriot's questionable decking on them for free, flow them for free, and ship them for free. All of these things don't mean that a customer has no problem bashing your product even though you did everything you could to show them that they work properly.
I wasn't "bashing" anyone. As I said before, I just wanted others to consider all the options and to check out the products they buy before installing them on their car. I highly appreciate all the effort you guys have went to in the past to get the parts replaced and to me on time. Matter of fact, I think I've told a number of folks at TSP (Trevor, Jon, and others) how much I appreciate their efforts. Heck, look back on some of my posts and you'll see that I always recommend you guys and have always given you credit for outstanding service when I've had problems or just needed technical advice. Not once did I call out TSP or Patriot. Only when someone noticed my sig was it discovered - and I'm not going to the trouble to change my sig haha.

I'll keep doing exaclty what we've been doing & great results will keep posting up in the dyno section. The issue is I can't be the flow bench opperator anywhere across the country. If you don't setup the port entrance properly then your just asking for the cylinder head to not flow properly & backup early....
Like I said before, this could have very well been the problem. At this point it's really hard to say. Either way, I know who I'm dealing with on my end and I have a lot of trust in them when they say something is or isn't performing as it should.

Water under the bridge now...heads are back on the car and it's about ready to run. I'm sure it'll perform just fine for what I do with the car.

As before, not trying to scare anyone away from TSP or "bash" them. Just sharing my lessons learned with others out there.