Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine stress??? TQ VS RPM????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Engine stress??? TQ VS RPM????

[quote

With less peak horsepower but a flatter torque curve, you can run a milder gear and stay in each gear longer. And the engine with the most transient power (the power to accelerate under load over an rpm range) will be the one that wins the race, not the engine with the most peak hp.

J.

[/quote]

Yes...thats really what Im getting at. I have mentioned peak HP just as a reference...but the goal is basically a flat line of TQ from 3000-6500 of say 600 ft/lbs. Thats a very broad usable range. But if my way of thinking is correct...or at least close...the motor should last a longer time than one that sees 750 ft/lbs at 3000 rpm and tapers down to 475 ft/lbs by 6500 rpm. The peak HP # is just a result which looks impressive

I am not really asking for a blessing...just info and theory on engine stressors and ways to make the most usable power while keeping reliabilty at its highest.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, the way that I look at it is the control of the nitrous flow is very critical. With a solenoid, you will get an almost instaneous flow of nitrous, and a jump in cylinder pressure that shock loads components. Maybe with a stepper motor, or a servo, you could control the flow of nitrous so that just the right amount is released at any given rpm. Kind of like a water spigot, with a dc electric motor attached. Anyway, my two cents.
Good Luck
Old 05-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 items for consideration

#1 Nitrous puts a **** load of cylider pressure down low in the rpm range.

#2 it takes 550 foot pounds of tourqe per second to produce 1hp
so if you had no cylider pressure from the nitrous you could dump it anytime you choose,but this is not the town known as perfect and if it was possible then you would not have to turn rpm and if you can get a cam to bleed of like you want then i want that cam!!!!!!

What it all boils down to is V.E.a shitty motor will be able to go lower in the RPM range and gain more than an engine thats built to hanlde the bottle
Old 05-24-2003, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"What kind of simulator was this. This was the kind of concrete engineering type of info I was looking for...thanks...Al "

Try:

www.performancetrends.com.

"Engine Analyzer PRO" is what I used. You can download the Demo and try it out.

Quick Reply: Engine stress??? TQ VS RPM????