Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She Blew!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on guys, sometimes stuff isn't that easy.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Launching!

Did you ever find out what the problem is? If the block is cracked, wouldn't it leak out without the motor running until the block is emty? Give us a follow up. I bet it's something simple. There is alot to remember when putting all this stuff back together and you may have forgotten something.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
Shut the **** up, seriously if a man pays 2k for a warranty **** gm. them techs have nothin else better to do that stick their thumb up their *** at the dealerships...

trev u did NOT blow ur motor, pull the intake off and u will find ur problem. we should of cleaned ur heads to the fullest im sorry i was not there 100% of the way man, but call me if u need a hand i can help u tomrw since we are both off to fix it.
You disgust me. If you purchase a warranty, make no changes and it breaks, then the warranty should be responsible for repairing all covered areas.

If you modify anything from the original purchase condition which directly results in damages, it makes YOU responsible for the repairs. Why should someone else pay for your negligence? You have both indicated that the thread bolt holes were not cleaned properly. Guess what, that is YOUR fault and nobody else.

There is gray area involved when you bolt on a muffler and the intake cracks. Obviously these two things are not related. However, this is not the case in this post or your response. If you do not get my point about the gray area, that is also your problem as I will not elaborate further.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Teching In

I would do a pressure test, or a dye test before I took the heads off, you should be able to see what ariea is leaking with a mirror..
oh, and extended warranty co's have whole departments that investigate for root cause of failure... this is coming from a tech at a dealership that has more to do than stick his thumb in his rear....
Old 08-16-2007, 05:07 PM

maybe you blew a head gasket or the coolant plug
Old 08-16-2007, 05:07 PM

that would suck if you cracked the block
Old 08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Pull the intake off and heads if you need to. Pounding your keyboard isn't helping. That type of problem can be very serious but many times it is something simple and you would never think of unless you see it.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
Shut the **** up, seriously if a man pays 2k for a warranty **** gm. them techs have nothin else better to do that stick their thumb up their *** at the dealerships...

trev u did NOT blow ur motor, pull the intake off and u will find ur problem. we should of cleaned ur heads to the fullest im sorry i was not there 100% of the way man, but call me if u need a hand i can help u tomrw since we are both off to fix it.
i love charging *** raping labor rates for idiots like you and your buddy that shouldn't be wrenching

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/765022-heads-cam-problems-help.html <----

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/753261-parts-sale-cheap.html <---keep up the good work
Old 08-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by striker754
yep fraud is cool. if you can't afford to break stuff or do the job right, don't do it at all.
And what about all the **** GM has turned away that SHOULD have been covered under warranty?

Yeah.. GM is perfect.. They try to turn away anything they can!

If you can get GM to take care of it.. go for it.. I would! I had an exhaust rattle.. took it in to them and said the rear end was making noise.. they didn't know **** from shitake and rebuilt my stock rear for free I had to get something for the warranty since I got the extended bumper to bumper and they refused to fix my window switches saying it wasn't covered. I got them back in the end, and I know the rear was done well.. especially with how much of a dick I was to them.. and it's been living on street tires onder a decent H/C package..

Go for it man!