Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a single-cylinder LS1 sleeve feasible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a single-cylinder LS1 sleeve feasible?

I know very little about the absolute limits of the LS1 blocks, and a search didnt seem to turn anything up. I have an LS1 block sitting in the garage because Superior Automotive in CA managed to put a stock-bore piston in a 3.905" cylinder they honed, which summarily beat the crap out of the sleeve it was in. All other 7 pistons were the right size. Go figure. Anyways, is a single sleeve replacement feasible, or should I just trash the block? It's out of my 2000 Camaro SS which has already had an LS2 based shortblock put together, and is getting L92 heads here shortly, but if I can fix the LS1 cheaply, who knows what it might find its way into... So, opinions please: fix it, and a good place to fix it at, or take it to the recyclers and get $.45/lb for the block Thanks!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how bad is it you got a pick no you cant reuse factory liners if they have been removed or been bored to much but they make after market kits for these motor to reselve it for big bore 427 but there not cheap im might buy it off you if you want to sell it just send me some pics and a price
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 40 Posts

Default single sleeve replacement

I can repair your block if the aluminum behind the sleeve is not cracked. Darton makes repair sleeves in std. bore.

Call me for an estimate.

Originally Posted by streetwarrior
I know very little about the absolute limits of the LS1 blocks, and a search didnt seem to turn anything up. I have an LS1 block sitting in the garage because Superior Automotive in CA managed to put a stock-bore piston in a 3.905" cylinder they honed, which summarily beat the crap out of the sleeve it was in. All other 7 pistons were the right size. Go figure. Anyways, is a single sleeve replacement feasible, or should I just trash the block? It's out of my 2000 Camaro SS which has already had an LS2 based shortblock put together, and is getting L92 heads here shortly, but if I can fix the LS1 cheaply, who knows what it might find its way into... So, opinions please: fix it, and a good place to fix it at, or take it to the recyclers and get $.45/lb for the block Thanks!
760-630-0450
web: www.raceenginedevelopment.com/
e-mail: race-engine-development@***.net

Quick Reply: Is a single-cylinder LS1 sleeve feasible?