Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

ok i have 2004 gto ls1. just put cam and headers in. thew a crankshaft p sensor code so i changed it. went to start and battery went dead from cranking yesterday to get it home. now i have a good batt and i have headlights interior lights but u put the key in like to start an i have no gauges, radio, windows and cant lock my doors checked all fuses and underhood ones. when i put the orbitts scaner on it it says unable to read any advice or help please
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

this may be completely off but something similar happend to me after i put my cam in. what the problem for me was that i took the PCM out to get it tuned. when i got it back i didnt get the pcm in there good and i guess it wasnt seated right and none of my guages worked but the car would start up and run but it would'nt shift outta first gear, so check that out if you have had the pcm out, just get those bolts nice and snug but dont torque them. hope that helps, either way good luck.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

check your battery leads

they may be corroded and not letting enough current through.
(like pull off the red boot and brush it up with a wirebrush, and then bolt that directly to your battery terminal without the red boot and try it)
Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ceissus
check your battery leads

they may be corroded and not letting enough current through.
(like pull off the red boot and brush it up with a wirebrush, and then bolt that directly to your battery terminal without the red boot and try it)
x2 Thats happened to me before.