Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a tick, but this ones different please take a read

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a tick, but this ones different please take a read

ok so about three months ago i noticed a tick. its weird that you can only really hear it inside the car. its loudest at idle in reverse, a bit less louder in nuetral and even a bit quieter in drive. the tick does speed up with rpms. for the past month i havent heard a peep. i had check the pushrods and they were fine. the car has had a very slight miss at idle for about a year but never enough to die out. now its back, no louder than before though. a couple of times on the highway, it acts like its out of gas for a second at about 2k for a long period of time. i dont think. it also sometimes has a hard time starting up after running for a long time. i am thinking the sputtering issue is from the longtubes, but i had the tick before longtubes. any possible ideas? if i left anything out i should add please let me know. any help is appreciated because this is annoying as hell.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

I'm gonna guess a loose spark plug, maybe a couple.

AJ
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

well i have changed the plugs several times since the tick began, i am wondering if something could be loose because depening on what gear it is in, the car has more or less pressure in some spots, i also have had the trans out of it before. its just buggin the crap out of me.