Old 09-20-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ricernomore
the sound is all ways there at the same time. and i didnt change my pump or timing chain. but here is the thing its not coming from that area its coming from the back of the engine near the fire wall. and to me it sounds like its on the driver side mostly. and its just a torquer 2 from tsp

This is exactly what mine sounds like, only mine started before the cam swap and it's still ther after the cam swap. I hope you figure out what it is, because I bet its the same thing I have. I'll also bet it's unrelated to the cam, but I've been wrong before.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

well here is the deal the more i drive i think it was there before just not enough to be bothered. but when you cam it, the cam just mulitplies it to where it is very noticable. Im done worrying about it cause i have looked everything over two times and cant find anything so its obviously nothing serious. but if anyone does find the prob just post it. but thanks for everyone ideas
Old 10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

ok i have been tuned, still didnt fix it. When i was getting tuned he cleared the codes, but they came back right away. so I swapped map sensors. It ran better but still whined and the idle kept changing but it ran good enough to get tuned. It stayed this way for about 80 miles and started kicking the map/baro code again. since then i have pulled my air system, checked intake manifold gaskets and all lines. the tcs light keeps coming on and off. now tell me if this sounds right, the only things i can think off that could be the problems are either when i put my now springs in i didnt seat some of the intake valve seals all the way down or i may need a vac canister. im completly lost. it wasnt there before i camed.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Mine makes the whine sound too. I am told that it is just the cam working the valve train and is more or less normal. I would say that is true because the car runs great and has never thrown a code since the tune.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

yea im kinda with you on the whine but why does my map senors keep throwing codes if i dont have a vac leak
Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man that would drive me INSANE! I have no idea what to tell you... Does it sound like a gear drive kind of whine or a power steering whine? It's going to turn out to be something silly...