Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough guestimates on removing engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rough guestimates on removing engine?

This kind of reminds me of trying to find a writeup on torque converter installs... I know there are a lot of people on this board with the knowledge and expertise to do a good writeup (with pictures) on dropping the engine out the bottom, but there doesn't seem to be a good writeup available. Finally I found a good writeup on torque converter installs by a guy named Evil (Thanks Evil). I had given up on jmX because he doesn't have an automatic.

I know there are a lot of folks who have dropped the engine out the bottom, but no writeups available...

Maybe we need to issue a personal challenge to jmX (or anyone who has actually done it) to grab their digital camera go out to their garage and drop the engine out the bottom if for no other reason than to show everyone how easy it is to change your spark plugs once you have dropped the engine... LOL This would make a tremendous how to change your spark plugs writeup...

Old 07-17-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only TC install write up that i knew of was on TorqueCentral.com....I think thats where it was anyway...I would love to see some making a engine out the bottom write-up, as I am about to do a H/C swap, and I think it would make it easier....
Old 07-17-2003, 11:40 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look I am about to do this in a few weeks when I get some headers. I will use a digital camera this time so I do not have to worrie abut scanning any photo's in. I am planning on installing CNC LS6 heads a C-2 cam a Rollmaster and underdrive pulley and some kind of headers haven't decided I think I am going to go with FLP's because they are the one's I have seen used the most with good numbers and the least amount of installation issues ETC...
Old 07-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Look I am about to do this in a few weeks when I get some headers....
Cool, I know a lot of people will really appreciate it.

Keep us posted.