Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with crane gold 1.8 rockers asap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with crane gold 1.8 rockers asap!

I am doing a cam install on my 98 t/a and i have some crane gold 1.8 roller rockers that i did a trade for that i was going to install at the same time. It looks like the will not fit on the 98 heads because of height problems and the guide plates do not look like they will work. If anyone out there knows what i need to do to get them to fit i would really appreciate some info. I know there is probably a v/c spacer i could run, aslo the studs do not look like the screw in far enough. And if anyone knows how you torque these down if they would work would also be very helpfull.

Thanks
Nathan
Old 06-07-2003, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Need help with crane gold 1.8 rockers asap!

You have to notch the underside of the valve covers. I had them on a set of 98 heads and after I clearanced the valve covers they worked just fine. Go to crane's website and get the instructions for them and it will show you where to notch the covers. Also, follow the instructions to the letter...or you will have a headache trying to get them adjusted. Just lashing the rockers takes 2 hours per the instructions.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks NO CATZZ.
Old 06-08-2003, 06:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah me and NO CATZZ just had a run in w/ them...they work really great once you get them lashed right. And remember none of them will bottom out if you do it right. It may take two times to get them right...it did for me when I did it...and NO CATZZ if I remember correctly..