Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Double Spring Install.....HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Double Spring Install.....HELP!!!

I'm about to install a set of TSP double springs and I am unsure about what to do with the Valve seals.....Do I just put the seat down....then put the Valve seal over the valve stem and flat against the seat???? then just install the spring over top???
Old 10-13-2007, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Which type of seal do you have, once piece seal/seat or umbrella seal? Either way, to get the spring seat on the seal has to come off. Did you get new ones with the kit?

Order of installation:

1. Seat
2. Seal
3. Spring
4. Retainer/lock

However, do your height checks without seals first so if you need to shim the installed height you don't have to rip the seal back off. What seat pressure are you trying to attain?
Old 10-13-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubaseball44
I'm about to install a set of TSP double springs and I am unsure about what to do with the Valve seals.....Do I just put the seat down....then put the Valve seal over the valve stem and flat against the seat???? then just install the spring over top???

Sounds good I just did this and that is what I did. I followed the post on howtols1, it is great. I need a 12mm deep socket and slip it over the valve and tap it till you hear the seal seat. You will know it the sound will change.