Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best cam for stock maniflods please read

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best cam for stock maniflods please read

Ok I understand that a cam with out LT's is not nearly as good. Assuming someone wants to spend alot for a little what kind of cam profile will work the best for max power on maniflods; as alot of guys in CA are just screwed and dont want to mess with the law on the cat issue . This is more of a curiosity thing as I already have a cam. Just trying to further my knowledge to help answer all the questions I tend to get while at the track.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Best cam for stock maniflods please read

I'd go with something small like the LS6 cam or the comp cams 212/218 grind, both would work well with the stock manifolds. If you thought you were going to add headers you might step up to the 216/220 cam. If you go much bigger your manifolds will start limiting you.

All three of these grinds are also easy on valve train parts so you won't be doing annual valve spring changes. They will also sound stock through manifolds.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would get a standard split cam, one with more exhaust duration. A single pattern may do ok, but I think a reverse split cam wouldn't do good at all with the manifolds.

I'd say the asa cam would be a good choice for just that, though I don't know how it does emmisions wise.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Launching!

I would get a standard split cam, one with more exhaust duration. A single pattern may do ok, but I think a reverse split cam wouldn't do good at all with the manifolds.

I'd say the asa cam would be a good choice for just that, though I don't know how it does emmisions wise.
That is what I am thinking also. A bigger exhaust lobe will help offset the manifolds.