Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger Injectors/fuel pump needed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Larger Injectors/fuel pump needed?

Tried posting this in fueling section, but wasnt getting very many views, so lets try here since it is engine related, and I really need some input:

Setup is the JPR 388ci all-bore, 242/242 cam (more info in sig)
I currently have lucas 30# injectors, which the pcm does not recognize and thus it starts running out of injector around 4700rpm. I am having some issues with the ed wright pcm being locked out, which was setup for h/c, but that is another issue.

The car is putting down 458/445 right now. It is throwing all kinds of lean codes and KR codes, although on the dyno the AF really dont look too out of whack, the car does stop producing more power at 6000rpm, and it starts going lean after 4700rpm.

I was struggling mightly to find someone to tune the car for me (with the flashing of the pcm that would be required), but the current plan seems to be to do it at JD's auto repair. Joe @ JD's is recommeding 42lb ford MS injectors and a 255 walpro, and will LS1 edit the car. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Money is a little tight right now and Id rather now spend all this additional money on a fuel system if its not needed. I think its not a bad future upgrade, but shouldnt I give the 30# a chance (car has 26# on it before)?