Sponsored by:

Heads & Cam Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Heads & Cam Installed!

JMX:
Tell me this is not true; You have just crushed my image of your complete superior technical, mechanical, machining and engineering abilities....I'm really bumbed now; my hero is a whimp.

On this note, I was considering essembling a new short block myself. I was thinking of buying a new LQ4 block and installing a stroker crank, new pistons, rods, bearings, etc. Since all the parts would be new, I thought there would be a minimum number of potential machining issues (like none) so I could basically bolt it together.

Are you saying this is WAY out of my league?

Thanks...

Old 06-17-2003, 09:48 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

I'm really bumbed now; my hero is a whimp.
Sorry to disappoint.

On this note, I was considering essembling a new short block myself. I was thinking of buying a new LQ4 block and installing a stroker crank, new pistons, rods, bearings, etc. Since all the parts would be new, I thought there would be a minimum number of potential machining issues (like none) so I could basically bolt it together.

Are you saying this is WAY out of my league?
I have no idea what your league is but I'd make a random guess and say that probably at least 30-40% of all the people on here could build their own engine themselves with some directions and the proper set of tools. I doubt its out of anybodies league if they tried and had everything available. I'll probably be building my first shortblock myself sometime this year just to see what its like, and I'm not expecting it to be all that big of a deal as long as I talk to the right people and get the info I need before I start.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

JMX:
Tell me this is not true; You have just crushed my image of your complete superior technical, mechanical, machining and engineering abilities....I'm really bumbed now; my hero is a whimp.
LOL... hey robertbartsch, jmX hit me over the head with a beer bottle before. So you had better watch it.

...it didn't hurt and didn't break but he did hit me.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:56 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

Alcohol does strange things. Sorry for hitting you!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Teching In

I don't know what website Ed used, but I have used LS1HowTo and InstallUniversity a bunch.

JMX, do you host a **** site on that same box? I get block by the firewall going to your site from work.

Mike

JMX ...your so modest! You should team up with Hillary and write a best-selling book that sells big time!

Hey, I'd buy it and I even hate books; the last one I read was 25 years ago!

Did you find anyone bold enough to go for a short-block engine swap in your garage? ...I would pay a small fee to see this documented....
Old 06-17-2003, 10:39 AM
jmX
TECH Junkie

I don't know what website Ed used, but I have used LS1HowTo and InstallUniversity a bunch.

JMX, do you host a **** site on that same box? I get block by the firewall going to your site from work.

Mike

Actually, if you send me $49.95 a month you get access to the **** versions of all my installs. Nothing like seeing an attractive bare chested female crank down on a torque to yield head bolt.

(I wish we could post without having our sig attached every time!)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeh, but what does she know about seating a stroker crank?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you take paypal????
Old 06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike

Actually, if you send me $49.95 a month you get access to the **** versions of all my installs. Nothing like seeing an attractive bare chested female crank down on a torque to yield head bolt.

(I wish we could post without having our sig attached every time!)
I'm in! got my charge card ready!