Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My new dyno numbers

Send me that cam Joe. With that cam and an EWP I should get my 10 second pass soon.

s.a.corbin@worldnet.att.net
Old 06-17-2003, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome # can't wait to see more results. Especially a dyno sheet and times on a 6 speed
Old 06-17-2003, 11:05 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Hey JS,
I think what Bear was saying, is that he read your post and agrees with you to the point that he is quoting your knowledge as a reference? Anyway, I think it's a misunderstanding.

I have an M6 comming up from FLA for this exact same package, We have a local M6 with cam 2 in it but has yet to be dyno tuned (stock heads), 1 more Local Black WS6 for the same exact package and one being delivered from NC so we should have an excellent platform to test for repeatability which is extremly important, theres no sence in making this package if they can't duplicate within 2% and I can't wait to see what it will do in an M6!. These particular heads are not easy to port by hand thats why I would like to get them CNC mapped for accuracy sake and just tweak them in on the flow bench for the desired flow numbers once all the time consuming work has been done. I will post my newest dyno sheet before Fri.

MAF subject:
I was told that the Pace MAF has an extended Hertz table, it tracts exactly to the stock frequency, but extends passed the factory hertz setting where the stocker gives out around 4,400? Anyone know this for sure?

Joe.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:11 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Joe,I see a shot in that post but say la vee....
See ya soon....

Old 06-17-2003, 11:16 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Default Re: My new dyno numbers *DELETED*

Post deleted by JS
Old 06-17-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Great #'s Joe!! Just curious, do you have one of your prototype water pumps on the car?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:45 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Yes Verbs, I have the reverse cooling pump on the car for a while now, I tested it back to back last month and it works excellent, BUT the current full street belt routing takes up more power than I would like to see so thats going to be re-routed too, No release on production because were going through a 50% re-design to save production costs, it's comming around soon.

Joe.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

BEAR,I dont know what u meant by your snide comment but I think someone who has run 11.9 AT BEST should keep his mouth shut....

I've already run 11.1@122
Remember that bro...

Joel even though u sometimes act like a 4th grader, for the purpose of this story I will assume you dont read like one. Im pretty sure you said it best in this statement EARLY ON:BEAR,I dont know what u meant (by your snide comment). Right there u say u dont know what I meant, but right away U assume it was snide. Thanks for the credit, and the chance to explain more clearly my post and thoughts. I know I dont know everything like some people do, but certainly I have some basic knowledge. My comments were not snide, as u so elequently put it, they were a kinda shoutout to someone who had already been there and done that in an A4. It WAS meant as some"props" to you and Cartek and A to Z and all who got you where you are. I also know that you kinda had/have motor trouble, and I was being SYMPATHETIC, since oddly enough I have engine trouble. Nothing is ever easy with you. I HAVE NEVER MET YOU. I think it is a shame, one way or the other, but it is nice to be able to put a face to a name. Maybe then after you meet me, you can better judge of when I am being snide. Now for a couple observations. One, the Hawk has run 11.70 at a whopping 115 at 3725 race weight, not the 11.9 you so lovingly suggest. That .2 is a HUGE difference, Just think, take .2 off your best 11.1 and where would U Be? I think u know what I'm getting at. Oh so elusive are they? Well my little story is done, and needless to say I will enjoy seeing how you handle yourself in the reply. I TRY to wish EVERYONE the best, but some people make it harder than others.
OhYeah, Joe, You and I are kewl. Thanks for everything you ever did for me. Soon I will be again, and I hope for all the money that I spent, I gain more then .3. :p
Thank You, and good nite!
Old 06-18-2003, 03:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I am the guy going up there from Florida so I wish me luck guys, I hope my car does close to what Joe's did.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"MAF subject:
I was told that the Pace MAF has an extended Hertz table, it tracts exactly to the stock frequency, but extends passed the factory hertz setting where the stocker gives out around 4,400? Anyone know this for sure? "

Joe, I don't know for sure but I do have a PACE VV that I'd like to bring out and try. Let me know. I put it on with the minor tuning you have on my car now, and it was so lean it was ridiculous. My gut says it's a good MAF, just needs tuned into the combo.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:48 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Post deleted by jmX
Old 06-18-2003, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Post deleted by jmX
Old 06-18-2003, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How can the MAF extend the MAF table?
Isn't the MAF Table that converts Hz to gm/sec in the computer or does the table extend beyond the range of the stock MAF?
Seems like what you need is MAF that reports a lower Hz for a given flow and then correct for it in the MAF table. That way you will not exceed the Hz range.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:26 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Sent you mail Ragtop, supposedly it's an extended the MAF calibration in the unit?

Joe.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:27 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

JS/Bear, take the stuff to email or private messages. This is a technical forum. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Joe:
Back at ya...
Old 06-18-2003, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

You can't extend the max HZ with another MAF That's in the ECU and can't be changed even with edit. It's also different for different years. 98s have a lower ceiling at 11,250 hz. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the A/F go lean instead of going rich if MAF hz is maxed out?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So could you possibly put a 02 PCM in a 98 ( if it had the higher ceiling ) and then edit that? Provided no emissions testing as well I assume.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
jmX
TECH Junkie

You can't extend the max HZ with another MAF That's in the ECU and can't be changed even with edit. It's also different for different years. 98s have a lower ceiling at 11,250 hz. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the A/F go lean instead of going rich if MAF hz is maxed out?

You don't actually extend the HZ, but in effect, you are quantizing the data. You lose some accuracy in trade for range, and range is what he's needing.

Where 1 meant 1 before, 1 will now mean 2 (or whatever you scale it to). You need a maf that reads lower values for a given air flow, and then in the PCM you can scale the coresponding value to that input appropriately. So, the PCM will still see its normal range of hz, but it'll know that it those hertz mean a lot more air before and the lookup table will reflect that.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

So joe, the comment I made in the shop about bigger can stil mean better sometimes, seems to be working out for you huh? Us southern boys got a good idear or two Got any of them cams layin round to try in a 6 speed?