Sponsored by:

My new dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: My new dyno numbers

99 table goes to 12,000

You need a maf that reads lower values for a given air flow, and then in the PCM you can scale the coresponding value to that input appropriately. So, the PCM will still see its normal range of hz, but it'll know that it those hertz mean a lot more air before and the lookup table will reflect that.

Exactly. That's why I suggested using ported MAF ends and correcting the MAF table in Edit.

Joe: Did you get the high MAF SES code? I think the first step is to swap another MAF and make sure the thing is truly maxed.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:48 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Granny,
Yes, big cams are a good thing, especially when the intake manifold has been maxed out, the issues I hated about some of the big cams I have heard or driven was there idle quality, surging, stalling, 1K or higher idle thats not friendly for an A4 etc.etc. I wanted all around performance along with the big numbers and thats a tough accomplishment. The radio antenna dosen't shake at 900 idle and lays down big numbers but it's not just the cam doing all the work, it's the package and I can prove that. I believe anyone can install a *big cam, and make good peak power, but if it isn't matched or tuned well with other components, your giving something up in another area, personally, I must have all around performance.

Ragtop,
I didn't notice an SES while Brien was tuning, but it did throw one on the way home and I cleared it out because my S1B1 new sensor has been acting up lately, I will look in the history codes and see what set the light off. Right at 6,100-200 to 7,000 the AF noses over to rich, Brien attempted 3-4 times to pull fuel out of that area and thats when he mentioned that he suspects that the MAF HZ was maxed. I'm out of my element on this issue, I'm just repeating what I was told.

Joe.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard joe's car at the track two nights ago and it sounds beautiful. literally music to my ears when the car is idling. with sticky tires and a good tranny, you know that will run 10's. the car is so pretty with the chrome SS rims. you gonna cage it? it's a tough decision i know.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:10 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

I just got a hold of my tuner, he said that the MAF tables in the PCM is whats maxed out, not the MAF it's self. He suggested 1 of 2 things, go to an 85 mm MAF of gutt out the stocker so he can re-scale that table. Sorry for the confusion.

Joe.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With a little work you should be able to scale the MAF table to not max,this will need to be combated with some injector scaling for drivability.Another way would be a bigger MA so it reads less airflow.I've used SLP's screened version with great results so far.
Either way good luck Joe on the new setup
Old 06-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Congrats

Old 06-19-2003, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

maxing out MAFs... Speed density is sooo cool!