Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB for wobbling harmonic balancer on vettes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB for wobbling harmonic balancer on vettes?

I was wondering if there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) about the harmonic balancer wobbling on the c5 ls1 vettes? If so could somebody provide me information or a link?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Repace crank/pulley bolt and retorq to proper value. Some bolts have been known to back out. I would take care of this ASAP, because you do not want to see what a loose pulley can do to your car if it comes off at 6000 rpm
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How many miles on the car? They seem to go about 60K in normal use and then have issues (rough number). If its wobbling and it comes off (not to mention its likely not doing its primary job right now of damping the crankshaft harmonics) serious damage can result.

The C6's might have a TSP because they had problems right from the start. A number of them backed off, damaged the steering rack which then slung PS oil everywhere and a number of people had their paint damaged as a result so the car had to be re-painted. That might be the TSP you are referring to.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a long time ago when a shop installed my pulley i noticed it was wobbly, then i blew my motor at 6700 rpm. i noticed my crank bolt popped out but the pulley didnt move.

Quick Reply: TSB for wobbling harmonic balancer on vettes?