Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alot of valve cover blowby????

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default alot of valve cover blowby????

have searched alot but still haven't come up with the exact answer's i'm looking for. i am getting alot of blowby out oil fill cap (there is a hole in the middle of it where a breather used to be). i do not have pcv system. the other valve cover has small breather on it that does not blow anything out. i can hold a rag over the oil cap hole and stop the blowby for however long i want, and when i remove the rag it just starts again with no added pressure having built up while i was holding it. the rag does not appear to have anything on it (seems like steam coming out). i can pull the dipstick and cover the fill cap hole and all the "steam" will come out the dipstick hole.

i have forged pistons with rings nitrous gapped. the shortblock doesn't have but 3k miles or so with the heads and intake only having 250-300 miles on them. i would like to think that my problem is just typical non vacuum pulled bottom crankcase pressure but it seems like alot of puffing.

the car is not down any power that i can tell, does not overheat, and runs strong. i went 94.28mph n/a (heads, cam, intake) in the 1/8 a few days ago and 104mph on a 150shot.

tonight is the first night i've noticed the steam with it coming out the back of the hood while driving slow through a parking lot.

anyone that could chime in on crankcase pressure checking and typical blowby problems and solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

need some help here guys....
Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 AM
10 Second Club

my buddy is having this exact issue..any one guys ??? wisemen where u guys at?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you saying that there's an open hole on a valve cover (hole in filler cap) & you don't know why it's venting? ...Huh?

It's the high point on the cover. Heat & moisture are gonna vent through it. May even get oil through it from time to time. Put the breather back on it or get a new filler cap.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

You can get a filler cap with a filter that way it can vent

Quick Reply: alot of valve cover blowby????