Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mystery Cam

Old 11-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mystery Cam

Mystery Cam

A while back, I ordered a 224* 224* @0.050” 112* LSA +2*, 0.580” by Comp Cams from a reputable sponsor. The cam was supposed to be shipped direct but never came. The speed shop said they could get a copy from another cam grinder (Big Name) faster and shipped direct. The cam came but without a cam spec card. The cam is stamped: V224D 224/224 112. I miced the lift and it would be 0.579” at the valve.
I called and emailed both the grinder and the speed shop and never could get the cam card or the numbers I needed so I installed it straight up with out degreeing it in.
Now that I’ve learned to tune and the motor starts, idles and runs clean, I’m not sure the cam is what it’s supposed to be.
Looking at cam catalogues on line, no one advertises all the numbers, just Duration, LCA and Lift. With cam checkers, the numbers shouldn’t be a big corporate secrete. I’ll never again buy a cam without seeing the Intake and Exhaust opening and closing profile.

Anyone know why the grinder doesn’t want to give me the numbers? The cam that they list is a 224 but with a much lower lift.

Search this Thread