Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very interesting results......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I jsut got done reading the whole thread. The pulsating that you heard is from the lack of charge on the battery. I get it all the time. But also with the compression that you are running it is tough on a starter. An old boss of mine was running a high compression and close cam that he had to get the motor spinning with the ignition off and once it built up momentum he would flip on the ignition and it would fire. Its a combo between the two. As far as the power goes. Common things to make a car fall on its face in the middle of WOT is a fuel cut, bad TPS (irratic signals can cause your car to add less fuel then it needs and cause a condition similar to a fuel cut), lose or faulty plugs or wires that under load cause arcing and can cause multiple cylinders to die off. And last but not least the noise at the end of the vid is normal. Ive heard that noise from a few LS motors when they come to a rest.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lt1Porsche
I jsut got done reading the whole thread. The pulsating that you heard is from the lack of charge on the battery. I get it all the time. But also with the compression that you are running it is tough on a starter. An old boss of mine was running a high compression and close cam that he had to get the motor spinning with the ignition off and once it built up momentum he would flip on the ignition and it would fire. Its a combo between the two. As far as the power goes. Common things to make a car fall on its face in the middle of WOT is a fuel cut, bad TPS (irratic signals can cause your car to add less fuel then it needs and cause a condition similar to a fuel cut), lose or faulty plugs or wires that under load cause arcing and can cause multiple cylinders to die off. And last but not least the noise at the end of the vid is normal. Ive heard that noise from a few LS motors when they come to a rest.

sweet, thats kinda what i assumed.

thanks guys
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listening to your video and reading your last update you are correct that it will be harder to turn over but your starter, battery, electrical system definitely have an issue. I would check the starter, the battery positive and ground cables.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

well, found out the problem. The battery was a little low first of all...

secondly, one of the stupid bastard wires that goes onto the coil pack plug was dicked up, wiggled it around a little bit and voila! car runs like a champ yet again
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
9 Second Club

glad you found the problem and it wasn't anything to serious.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I could help man.