Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated head and cam project gone wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About 3 min into video

I am the silver Z that raced him he talk so much ****. that is just with a baby cam . 8.07 was the run nothing really fast but enough to shut him up.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not trying to come off like some judgemental ***** but.... All I have heard is poor poor me. Nothing is my fault. #1- Your marriage comes before your car. So it sounds to me like she didn't leave you because of the couple of thousand you have blown on this install. Sounds to me like you probably have money problems and she's pissed(again) that your blowin money on your car or other things. #2- Or possibly the fact that you constantly refer to her as your Ol' Lady..( Just a Thought). #3- Please go take your 30 year old self to a community college and take Gramar, Sentence Writing and Spelling classes. #4- Learn to take responsiblity for you screw ups in life and automotive. Like I said i'm not trying to sound like a *****, but as my Fiance would say...Put your BIG GIRL PANTIES on and deal with it.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mikes02Z28
I'm not trying to come off like some judgemental ***** but.... All I have heard is poor poor me. Nothing is my fault. #1- Your marriage comes before your car. So it sounds to me like she didn't leave you because of the couple of thousand you have blown on this install. Sounds to me like you probably have money problems and she's pissed(again) that your blowin money on your car or other things. #2- Or possibly the fact that you constantly refer to her as your Ol' Lady..( Just a Thought). #3- Please go take your 30 year old self to a community college and take Gramar, Sentence Writing and Spelling classes. #4- Learn to take responsiblity for you screw ups in life and automotive. Like I said i'm not trying to sound like a *****, but as my Fiance would say...Put your BIG GIRL PANTIES on and deal with it.
Wow,a hotrod Dr.Phil
Old 11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Default No its cool

I am sure i got what i deserve. The only thing with the money is we just got are first house . That what is pissing here off i budgeted this build for about 3000 and I saved that much . Then all this happens . SShe only 27 so no she isnt old . Just a phraze.
I have no excuses i just posted the video and was in here talking well because i have no one else to talk to about it so i have just sit on here for a few days in my spare time when i am not tryn to get ahold of here and talk cars or look at cars or do what ever i can to get my mind off it.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This helps burn some time:

http://video.ls1tech.com/

http://videos.streetfire.net/

Just dont get caught up in the arguements over on streetfire, some of those ricers are morons.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mikes02Z28
my girl does not understand why i "waste" so much money on a frickin car if she wants to leave me because of my hobby, thats her problem not mine. she knew i was into modifying cars wen she hooked up with me so its not like its anything new.

college for some people is a waste of time, we dont join ls1tech to be corrected by people like you, we join to find out how in the hell to modify our cars.

my girl refers to me as her "cuddlebuddy" in front of all my friends and family im not gonna get butthurt about somethin like that. alot of people refer to their b/f or g/f,wife,husband with nicknames in case you havent noticed.
fact is he installed a set up that he was assured worked, the set up didnt work and now the guy is fucked. i would be a lil pissed off that it didnt work even though i was told it would.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Dear Santiago, Last time I checked my comment was not directed toward you. So unless you are his wife.... Get Off His Sack........I do feel bad for him. No one wants to put that much time, love and devotion into something they enjoy so much to have it all crumble around them...But question for ya...was I just talking about his car or his marriage??? My whole point was it sounded to me like her leaving wasnt just because of this one episode. It sounded a whole lot deeper than that. Your hobby is something that you do for fun...Your wife should be held a little higher on the shelf then your hobby. I was trying to help him with his real problem..His marriage not his car...But your probably right Santiago. I mean i'm only 29 years old, engaged to a single mother, just purchased a home together a couple months ago and struglle to pay bills and try and balance a budget for my car why'll trying to safely stay afloat... But I do know that if money was a problem or tight. My car would be parked until my family was taken care of. So in closing like I originaly said I'm not being a ***** just a little advice.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

my girl refers to me as her "cuddlebuddy" in front of all my friends and family im not gonna get butthurt about somethin like that. alot of people refer to their b/f or g/f,wife,husband with nicknames in case you havent noticed.

Oh and P.S....You cant find a women who likes to be refered to as " The Ol' Lady "
Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

im not gonna internet fight man im just stating my opinion.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JRP - sorry to hear about your luck. Hopefully you can work on your marriage and resolve these issues. Life throws us all some curveballs, and sounds like this one couldn't have come at a worse time.

Also, it sounds like TSP tried to do all they could to help out, and to that end, it would be a stand up thing for you to edit or delete your more 'inflammatory' posts. You were understandably upset about everything, and a sponsor in good standing doesn't deserve the bad press any more than you deserve the mechanical mayhem that got you there.

Hopefully, other board members will learn from your experiences. I'm always concerned that many on here skip degreeing their cam or checking for adequate clearance could end up in the same boat as you.

Again, good luck with your car and your marriage, not necessarily in that order.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Resident

Default Yeah I told trevor I was sorry.

The car was my daily driver and know i am renting a car. That is the reason i was hoping i could get somethin worked out her to alteast get my car back .
About my wife and car . My family does come and always will come before anything. I took alittle money out here and there with out here noticing and work some over time to save this little bit of change . Ugggg you know what i am not gonna keep beating this . You are all right .
Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

You need to find other things to get your mind off her for a while. Not saying you can't work things out but you need to get your manliness back. You sound like a broken hearted 16 year old.Any woman isn't going to want a man that is so torn up with things going poorly he can't be himself. Get back to who you are and who she loves and it might work itself out if she hasn't moved on. Now as far as the car goes I would probably sound that way. I have had a couple of installs screw up on me but I endure the bitching and buy my woman something nice and unexpected. They can't complain about that.
ps over is never over.lol
Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Default Well back together and still hitting Know what?

The put it all back together and know its hitting on the other side valves that is ? what the hell is going on here?

ls6 heads 202 157 valves recessed .020

Stock head gaskets

Trv3 cam shaft 644 598 lift and 231 234 duration 111lsa

7.4 pushrods

ls7 lifters.

New timing chaing

Pistion where all measure and only comeing out of the block .005 with is normal?

What in the hell is going on

The cam was degreed this time.

And boom other side ??????????????????????????????
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrp1978
Its amazing to me how you take things for granted until you lose them and then you feel like suck a ******* dumbass. ........Anyway this is a car forum not a depression chatroom. Thanks guys.
I haven't had my car for about 6 months now and it looks like I have another 6 months to go.

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
IMO, TSP is not at fault here. Jason offered his opinion that it would be fine. Every car is different, what should work on some is different on others. Your mechanic should have checked the P/V clearance instead of slapping the car together. Always check the critical clearances yourself. In this case, whoever is performing the install is responsible for the damaged parts. TSP should not cover your mechanic bill. If TSP performed the install, then they would cover the damage.
+1

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
Who is the comp rep that you talked with? So you used a pro to tear down the car, is this the same pro that replaced the .040 thick head gaskets with .045 gaskets and started the car again to see if this would fix your P/V problem?
The problem was the original Cometics were missing one of the three layers. In that instance they weren't anywhere near a .040 gasket. I think that's what might have done it the first time. The heads hadn't had the valves recessed in the heads and the gaskets were freakishly thin. One valve probably just kissed the piston.

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
Might as well go buy a lotto ticket! Your luck can only get better man!!!
I don't know about that. Mines only gotten worse as the years gone on.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jrp1978
I am not stepping up s**t . He is the one the setup the cam head deal down to gaskets and bolts. I am not a ******* fault . I was told put it together and enjoy so that is what the f**k i did. I am not blaming no one . But if the f*****g shoe was on the other foot here i bet you be singing a different tune.
It is not TSP's fault. PTV should have been checked regardless if Jason or even Warren Johnson told you it would clear. Hot rod aftermarket parts NEVER bolt right on. Learn to work with them or give them up. Just my .02.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I only read the first page but i wanted to give a thumbs up to TSP I'm buying my heads from you entirely based on Trevors response.