Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW owner, need advice for 1999 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW owner, need advice for 1999 Z28

hey, so just bought a 1999 Z28 camaro. and i love it, however being in chicago i gotta wait to she what she can really do!! come spring time thou i want to start putting more hp into it. so i have a few months to figure out how i want to get as much power outta it. ill soak up all the advice and information anyone has. thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 12:08 AM
9 Second Club

The best advise anyone on this site can give you is to read up on what you want before you make any decisions on what you buy. The stickies help alot.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats on the new ride! You wont regret it. My best advice is much like smoke has just said...try to be %100 honest about your intent for the car, and what you want it to do. If you dont decide this ahead of time you can find yourself wasting ALOT of money as you change setups and or directions. Some guys want all around, some guys want corner carving, some guys want a straight line machine. So lay out a gameplan and try to stick to it. Trust me, its easy to get off track. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Teching In

yea, i def dont have money to be throwing around. but i know i just want overall performance. more hp and toque. and really i just wanna know that whenever a mustang shows up i can beat him hands down!! and make him wish he had something other than a cobra stang..... either way i think i want to set up a better induction sytem. any thought on what works best with what?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigcooldd
yea, i def dont have money to be throwing around. but i know i just want overall performance. more hp and toque. and really i just wanna know that whenever a mustang shows up i can beat him hands down!! and make him wish he had something other than a cobra stang..... either way i think i want to set up a better induction sytem. any thought on what works best with what?
You never know what you're lining up against. You can get beat by almost anything, on any given day. Especially around Chicagoland. If you're on a tight budget, check out the External Gen3 section for bolt on help.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This sticky is a good place to start reading:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/361959-so-you-wanna-fast.html