Sponsored by:

ET Heads

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ET Heads

Hello everyone.

I have a cammed(ms4) 2002 camaro with a dyno result of 407hp 380tq

How much hp are the best heads from ET(no matter how high the price) supposed to give me?

help would be appreciated
Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

With a large cam adding bigger heads you greatly lower the dynamic compression of yoru engine. If you did just heads say you would gain 50rwhp, if you did just a cam you would gain say 50rwhp but if you do both you would gain say 80rwhp, not 100. You would probably pick up an honest 40rwhp though. I had ET 2.055s in my 01 Z06. It made 465rwhp/422rwtq with a stock intake, tb, and fuel system. Had a 238/242 114lsa cam in it. The ms4 is a 111 right? The higher the LSA the lower your dynamic compression will be. ET is an awesome company. I wouldnt buy heads from anyone else after dealing with them. My installer degreed the cam wrong, bent the valves, ET replaced them at cost. Broke a valve spring a few thousand miles later, ET send me an entire Patriot valve spring kit free of charge.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:56 PM

I only said ET because I heard it was the best. I came to hear that ET heads can get you close to 500hp, but I cant get a direct answer. What heads can get me close to that using my ms4?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Yes they can!!!!!!!!!! But you need everything else to go with it to get the power on up. ALL bolt-ons, good intake etc! Build the combo to match completely. Talk to one of the sponsors and get the combo right the first time. The more air you take in don`t mean **** if the exhaust isn`t able to flow it out also! So saying a set of heads and a cam will do it alone, NO! Get it all! Do it right!

By the way, I LOVE my ET 245`s!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you make 500rwhp on a stock bottem end your powerband will be almost useless. The bigger the cam, the bigger the heads, the bigger the number, the higher the rpm, the shorter the power band. Its like having a 16inch ***** and lasting 30 seconds in bed, whats the point? There are guys out there with 224 cams putting down the same power as you but running a half second faster. The biggest numbers are not always the best. You might be able to break 500rwhp with a carb style intake and TB with EFI. 500 is a hard number to hit on a stock bottom end. You cant get milled heads to raise your CR because of your cam and you really cant get bigger valve heads without flycutting your pistons.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Launching!

As stated by everyone else you have to optimize you combination. You can mill the heads and go with a thinner gasket to increase your compression ratio. Port matching a FAST 90 intake to you heads will also optimize your performance. In respect to camshafts bigger is not always better. you may be better off choosing a smaller camshaft for you exact setup to fatten up the power under the curve. Unless your are just looking to have a dyno queen that produces peak numbers and drives like sh*t. So don't just go out spending all your money without doing extensive research on the subject. Do a search on ET Performance heads.