Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats needed for a reliable 400rwhp on stock heads?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand stall effects dynos so that shows a difference on the dyno, but how does a stall have an advantage over a m6? you would think the m6 would have the advantage of stalling where ever they want as well as controlling shifting a lil more. but ive always driven autos(i was raised to put auto in race cars as its more consistant) but im curious if u had the same driver in a auto and a m6, auto with a 3800 stall and the m6 launching at about the same, with same shift points. which car would take it, ive heard a lot of haggle about m6's having higher traps and autos having higher et's but if the car and driver was same who would win?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Tuning? I paid for a pro tune to save time. Knowing what I know now I wish I bought the software and went at it myself. I think where most guys get screwed up is they dont understand tuning in general before they dive in. I have loads of carb/ign tuning experience in BBC and SBC and Chrycos for that matter. That is the the trickiest part of tuning. If you know how to tune like that then the only thing that seems so daunting from the outset of laptop tuning is the acronyms, tables, and sensor functions. Once you learn that the rest is cake. My tuner whipped through it in no time and I watched closely. Looked pretty basic to me I know I could do what he did right now just off memory it was pretty basic. Mind you I wonder if I have more left to gain but thats another story and why i wish i bought the software in the first place

If your not dead set on 400 rwhp then I'd stay around the 224-228 range. There are lots of guys who had amazing luck with the 224/228 cam this season which is now what I wish I went for but theres always something newer/better. Great driveability with excellent power in the mid range and good pull up top. I shift at 6400 but it sees 6900 fairly often on burnouts etc. Converter wise if you go for one of these cams I'd say Yank or Vigilante around 3000 would do.

Springs? here:

http://www.patriot-performance.com/w...07473&DID=1225