Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock sensor/ Knock wire ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knock sensor/ Knock wire ?

Ok Knock sensor 1 went bad, went ahead and replaced both (parts not from gm either was wire) now knock sensor one and 2 are throwing codes. trying to cut losses and figure out which is bad sensors are wire. Is there a way to find out????
Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 AM
On The Tree

i had a smiliar problem and turned out to be the knock sensor wire. You can buy the wire w/ harness from GM for about 30 bucks. When you installed the intake did you route the knock sensor wire correctly? It may be pinched.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

Before taking anything apart unplug the wire connector and ohm it out. There are two terminals check each one to ground, should be 99k-103k iirc. If it's within that range don't take the intake off ohm the other way to the pcm.
I had one go bad and replaced it all with GM parts, no one other than GM makes the harness from what I've been told. You probably pinched the wires under the intake.
Do a search here by putting in p0327, thats what I did and read everyones knock sensor replacement problems.
I posted all the part numbers and prices on GM stuff. I got my GM knock sensors for $30 cheaper from a parts store that sold GM stuff. The wire harness costs from $35 to $40 at GM, I called about 5 dealers.