Sponsored by:

Worst day of my life!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allthrotle
HOLY CRAP! seriously? Thats horrible.
It's an on going thing around here, in the south part anyways. All the guys that I have seen get their rides stolen, haven't recovered anything but a shell. The people are pro's. The look for these cars out in the open, in a parking lot or open driveway. Most that I've seen taken were from apartments. I doubt they will ever find it. From what I understand, the cops don't really care, at least that was the case in Baton Rouge. I hope it works out, but the best I can offer is to find as many reciepts/pics of the parts and hope you get a good settlement.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss.

Andy
Old 01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all yor mods I would take a look at ebay, and see if you can find some of your stuff.
May be you'll get lucky. Sorry about your loss.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry about your loss.

Just goes to show you can't have anything nice anymore. Nobody respects anyone else's property. I've had one person open their door into my SS, and two back into it. I had half a mind to sell it and get a beater to start returning the favors.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Man that is awfull. I hope it dosent get choped up and you get it back. It makes me sick for all these cars that get destroyed.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the support guys. I would have had it in the garage but we dont have any room bc my dad's 46' Chevy is in it. I plan on checking ebay for the next couple of months to see if i can find any parts. I hope they all burn in hell. Im so fricken depressed.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aaron653
no offense at all by this....but you live in Louisiana and left your car sitting in the driveway?....i have seen several threads by people in your state that have had their fbody's stolen
well where the hell do YOU park your car?!!!

I've lived in baton rouge and I live in Lafayette, I know they have stolen stuff before but they are cutting keys around here....
Pays to put a piece of paper or a card over your vin. Not fool proof, but yeah I don't see how anyone can be a professional car thief in Louisiana, the cars have to be going out of state because there isn't a damn place to hide something like that around here.

I was mugged twice after Katrina, people trying to get my car. Luckily for me, I carry....

The only other thing I can think of is for us to get super sensitive alarms. I know I have my shock sensor set that way, and it works pretty good.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

I could Cry
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Launching!

What about LO JACK ???? My ol' lady has it on her car and they alert her when the car gets moved. After watching those videos I'm gonna figure out what kind of alarm will help the most...Sorry about your loss bro, but if I was you i'd start pounding the streets tryin to find someone who knows something...good luck
TECH Fanatic

Wow man that really sucks, sorry for your loss. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my LE.

Luckily I have a space in the garage for it.
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by o2camaross
I dont know where to post this but i know this is the most viewed forum, anyway I woke up this morning to go to shoneys with my girlfriend and her dad. I walked outside to get into the LE and it was GONE!!!!! Some f#@#er stole it between 2-5 this morning . I had the doors locked, alarm on, e-brake set, and it was in gear still. It wasn't started nor did the alarm go off. Im thinking professionals. The cop said they are extremely hot around here and its probably on its way to a chop shop. I had so much into that car and it was my first camaro. Im goin back to college today and im sooo bummed and even more im sooo pissed. If they dont find it i dont know if im going to get another LE or if im just going to get a beater until the new camaros come out and put the insurance money for a down payment.
First off sorry for that **** it really sucks, However your worst day is the day you are put into a box anyhow, hope you find it and if you do or for your new ride consider this Trackstick

Good Luck
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Thats what i'm talking about.....n e body use this ^^^^
Old 01-06-2008, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

just an fyi life gets way worse than your car being stolen.

but it definately sucks the big one thats for damn sure. I hope you get her back in one piece.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 3fingas
First off sorry for that **** it really sucks, However your worst day is the day you are put into a box anyhow, hope you find it and if you do or for your new ride consider this Trackstick

Good Luck
Are you sure that would work? I think it saves the information in the stick, I don't think it sends the information to your computer. I could be wrong, I briefly read over the description.

Originally Posted by fuseone
damn i cant even imagin how you feel.and keeping your recipts is that all you have to do for claming money on insurnse if somthing happends?
I talked to state farm and if I get a quote on my car from several reputable dealers saying how much its worth they could reimburse me for the full value. Since I don't have receipts for everything before I bought it, its the only way. I have to send them pictures too.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
I post this every time I see a thread like this.
http://www.sneekerlift.com/htm/pickup.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnu3QaiSiNs
Watch the all of the youtube video, it's kind of stupid at first. I guarantee this is how they're doing it. All I can say is back in when you can, and pay attention because as you can see they can still drag the car out from the front and grab it from the back, but it allows more time for you to catch them.
thats crazy how fast they can hook em up and take off. they even picked up and pulled one sideways so they could get to it to hook onto the front.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 3fingas

Good Luck
wow... that trackstick thing is pretty ingenious.... I have lo-jack but i gotta figure out where my paper work is on it... If my car were ever stolen I wouldn't know the first thing to do even though i have lo-jack...
Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a guy on this board, i think his name is Chad1313 got is Trans Am stolen in Louisania too... PM him for details
Old 01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry man
Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

That sucks man. I hope you get it back.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ssheets
I feel your pain. I had my 02 SS stolen a few years back. Make sure you have all your receipts for your mods and pictures of shows and work. Have then get a value from a car collector appraiser. They did this on mine and I got about $30k fro a 6spd Coupe. Good luck.
what insurance company are you with?

Quick Reply: Worst day of my life!!!!