Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make my car quit pinging

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that Jeff's old car? If so, you essentially have my tune, just tweaked a bit, in there. You may need to back off the timing across the board a bit. Mine is pinging too. I know the timing is way high on that tune. If you hook it up to HP tuners you will see it. I was told to highlight all the tables and back them off a couple degrees.

I would get it dyno tuned by a pro. Have them check it out and they will probably back that timing off a bit. Thats what I plan on doing.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Is that Jeff's old car? If so, you essentially have my tune, just tweaked a bit, in there. You may need to back off the timing across the board a bit. Mine is pinging too. I know the timing is way high on that tune. If you hook it up to HP tuners you will see it. I was told to highlight all the tables and back them off a couple degrees.

I would get it dyno tuned by a pro. Have them check it out and they will probably back that timing off a bit. Thats what I plan on doing.
Yeah this is Jeff's old car. Thing runs real strong and has good driveablity. Nice to know that yours pings as well. I will change everything I can think of but am going to get it dyno tuned very soon!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

how is your car doing man? Have you got it to the dyno yet?