Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on LS6 heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on LS6 heads

If I wanted to go with LS6 heads and keep my stock cam. How much of a increase in rwhp/ torque do you think I would see if any. I know I would gets some extra out of that but i want to keep the same cam. Only other opinion is thunderracings cheater package. Does anyone have any input on this.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Berryjn
If I wanted to go with LS6 heads and keep my stock cam. How much of a increase in rwhp/ torque do you think I would see if any. I know I would gets some extra out of that but i want to keep the same cam. Only other opinion is thunderracings cheater package. Does anyone have any input on this.
I'm gonna say 15-20rwhp with stock 243's. However, the 243's on the Z06 had hollow intake and sodium filled exhaust valves that are longer than the 806, 853 and 241's. I'm not sure if the 243's on the LS2 are the same, but if they are or you are using a set from a Z06 you'll need to swap pushrods to compensate for the longer valve (shorter pushrod). The reason for this is that the LS6 has a cam with a smaller base circle which normally would require a longer pushrod, but GM decided to use longer valves in the head with a common pushrod length thoroughout the platforms instead of using a longer pushron in the LS6.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH

this has been covered so many times its not funny.