Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008 | 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
The aim is to increase efficiency and speed of flow.. So if you remove a little material and all of the casting flashes, etc, then the air should flow smoother and give an increase in performance..
It doesnt work that way though. When the pressure is negative on the outside as the air is being SUCKED through it would make no difference. Now if the pressure was positive it would aid in smoothing out turbulence....in say a boosted app. Diagram of how it works. In theory your saying if I put 4" tips on my 2 1/2 exhaust pipe it will flow better....? Same concept just in reverse.
Old 02-28-2008 | 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boosted1320
It doesnt work that way though. When the pressure is negative on the outside as the air is being SUCKED through it would make no difference. Now if the pressure was positive it would aid in smoothing out turbulence....in say a boosted app. Diagram of how it works. In theory your saying if I put 4" tips on my 2 1/2 exhaust pipe it will flow better....? Same concept just in reverse.
If you ran 3in all the way out of the exhaust then it would run better than if you ran 2in...

Not catching your thinking here at all but why would so many people do it and then show gains? Those just imaginary horsepower that are coming in after the p&p and people are b.s.'n it??
Old 02-28-2008 | 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

People do report an increase in HP with a ported TB. I have heard of up to 10 HP.

Bill