Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harland sharp is a rip off IMO

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harland Sharp rebuilt LS rockers ARE NOT A RIP OFF!

As mentioned above the trunion & bearnings are replaced along with the mounting hardware.
Additionally, you no longer have a possible problem with the bearnings falling out.

Thier own rockers are good as well. I have used several of their other big and small block designs and always received great service from them and thier products.

You should have known what the cost was before you sent yours out and then come on here and call them a rip off.

Ryan
Old 02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm happy with my HS rebuilds! I think they're a good deal too.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can someone point me to a link to the info on how to order the rebuilds? Im deciding if I should do this or pay a little extra for YT's.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu1
can someone point me to a link to the info on how to order the rebuilds? Im deciding if I should do this or pay a little extra for YT's.
Honestly this is a better rocker. I just am calling em a ripoff, because of the core charge, in which I personally hate. So maybe its just me..

and Ryan

I already explained why... and I mentioned it here again, the fact that I gotta take my old rockers off, ship em, wait to be rebuilt and get them back.

I wish they charged more, but just sold already built LS1 rockers, instead of asking for a core to be shipped.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Honestly this is a better rocker. I just am calling em a ripoff, because of the core charge, in which I personally hate. So maybe its just me..

and Ryan

I already explained why... and I mentioned it here again, the fact that I gotta take my old rockers off, ship em, wait to be rebuilt and get them back.

I wish they charged more, but just sold already built LS1 rockers, instead of asking for a core to be shipped.
Can you provide a link with the info I need to send them off for rebuilds? Maybe Im just dumb but I couldn't find any info on the HS site.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and Ryan

There are a lot of part's with a core charge. The charge on my steering rack was over $100. Thats just one example. Trust me on this... it's you.

Those are GM rockers. HS does not stock them. SO what your saying is you would rather spend more money than what they charge to rebuild your set of rockers. You think you can find a rocker of that magnitude for $260 anywhere new? Go ahead and post it up. Not only is the rocker rebuilt but the arm is sand blasted and looks brand new when you ge them back.

I sold my HS rebuilt rockers for $220 when I sold my combo.

Really all you need to do here is cancel this thread or just let it go and take your lumps. You were totally wrong, even in opinion (which cant be wrong as its opinion .. but yours is).
The HS rebuild is a great deal and gives you a practicaly indestructable rocker.

http://www.harlandsharp.com/distributors.html

You need to go through a distributor like Nasty Performance.. see them listed there....
http://www.nastyperformance.com/default.html

You call Nate at Nasty and he tells you what to do. Very simple, very easy to do. Nate is easy to work with and will help you out.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 02-19-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my stock rockers back from being rebuilt by harlan sharp, and got them bolted back onto the heads yesterday. Here are some pics of them installed.
Attached Thumbnails Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09219.jpg   Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09220.jpg   Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09221.jpg   Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09223.jpg   Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09224.jpg  

Harland sharp is a rip off IMO-dcp09225.jpg  
Old 02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
There are a lot of part's with a core charge. The charge on my steering rack was over $100. Thats just one example. Trust me on this... it's you.

Those are GM rockers. HS does not stock them. SO what your saying is you would rather spend more money than what they charge to rebuild your set of rockers. You think you can find a rocker of that magnitude for $260 anywhere new? Go ahead and post it up. Not only is the rocker rebuilt but the arm is sand blasted and looks brand new when you ge them back.

Really all you need to do here is cancel this thread or just let it go and take your lumps. You were totally wrong, even in opinion (which cant be wrong as its opinion .. but yours is).
The HS rebuild is a great deal and gives you a practicaly indestructable rocker.

You need to go through a distributor like Nasty Performance.. see them listed there....

You call Nate at Nasty and he tells you what to do. Very simple, very easy to do. Nate is easy to work with and will help you out.

Well said sir...
Old 02-26-2008, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blu1
Can you provide a link with the info I need to send them off for rebuilds? Maybe Im just dumb but I couldn't find any info on the HS site.
We can these done for you. Give us a call and we will be glad to go over your options. We carry Harland Sharp, Yella Terra, and Scorpion. So we can cover the advantages to all your options.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and Ryan

Why not buy a set of used rockers? For 60 more and you can keep your old rockers. I'm sure the seller would ship them to Harland or Nasty. If you need a set, I have a set for sale that are stock.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can do what I did. - Pay almost 2 grand and wait two weeks for a set of Jesel Rockers. You will be broke, but then you will have the best.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

and all of thise is useless to me, because like I said. Id rather have them build rockers and sel them for more, but as long as I can keep my old rockers as well, as spares. That was my whole idea from the beginning..

and seriously can a mod cancel this thread?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ill stick with stockers since Ive only had one fall apart and it cost me $5 to replace it and about 15 minutes of work. Im cheap i guess.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brad8266
Ill stick with stockers since Ive only had one fall apart and it cost me $5 to replace it and about 15 minutes of work. Im cheap i guess.
True Ive sprayed 200shot on my stockers before and nothing bad happened. I just had them rebuilt though just for insurance.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

If you think Harland Sharp rebuilt rockers are a ripoff, try building up a vette. Horespower isn't cheap, reliability is even more expensive.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArKay99
If you think Harland Sharp rebuilt rockers are a ripoff, try building up a vette. Horespower isn't cheap, reliability is even more expensive.

What ArKay99 said!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

I wish someone would sell me Harland sharp rebuilt rockers by itself for 350 or 400, Id buy em.. I wish they offered that, but they dont.
I'll sell you some for $400 shipped next time just let me know. I bought a used set for $25 just for the HS rebuild.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
We can these done for you. Give us a call and we will be glad to go over your options. We carry Harland Sharp, Yella Terra, and Scorpion. So we can cover the advantages to all your options.
thanks for the heads up for future reference, I ended up picking up some yella terras already.

Matt
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

and all of thise is useless to me, because like I said. Id rather have them build rockers and sel them for more, but as long as I can keep my old rockers as well, as spares. That was my whole idea from the beginning..

and seriously can a mod cancel this thread?
Go 2 the 4 sale section and buy some used ones. Or I'll sell you set of used ones for $50. Then send those off and have them rebuilt.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Funny this thread I think actually convinced me to get my stockers rebuilt by HS when I get my heads/cam.