Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started Cam Install..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Started Cam Install..

Well we have pretty much have everything off, Except for the stock pulley.... I went to autozone and rented one of there three jaw pulleys, but it seems to not be the right one. It is not big enough to grab from the outside of the puller, so I turned the jaws around and tried to grab from the inside. I get what I think is a decent bite, and as soon as I put any kind of tension behind it, they pop off....

What kind of puller, and size are you guys using, I have been trying to get this one to work for more than 2 hours, and I still have not been able to get it to grab...

I think this one is the 4 ton puller. If I am not mistaken...

Other than the usual cuts and bruises everything else seems to be going smooth....
Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used a 3 jaw puller too, it took quite a while to get them all on the pully right, but i eventually got it. you just have to play with it some more probably. I didnt think Id ever get it on to where it would work, and then I finally got them on all the tabs. Make sure your pulling from the tabs on the hub area of the pully like so:

Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Teching In

i used the chrysler 3 jaw puller, worked perfectly
Old 02-21-2008, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Lol yeah I finally got it, took me 5 minutes...

I got tired of messin with it, so I went and got a beer, ate some grub, and relaxed. Went back out there, after looking at ls1howto, with that same pic. and had it off in 5 minutes....

Ha ha thanks.

I will post pics of progress here shortly, and a video to come of first startup..