Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get TEA's or Absolute?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Stu
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Should I get TEA's or Absolute?

I'll be ready.........If you show with your car.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

spanky- I am not a cheerleader for anyone, if you read my posts I prefer gtps, but doing a search I found alot of very impressive dynos from abs.spd so i cant help but like what I see, its hard core facts that I read in posts. ya I replied and put my imput on the 407 h/c car if you look i was critical and gave him the same advise I gave your lower than expected dyno, but he has alot of issues to work out before i give a 5 yard penalty to the absolute side
MR. crazy farmer- your car is very impressive and I can see you get .3 off your et with the tea's but if you got 20 more with gtp's or abs. spd, dont you think you would go faster. thats all Im saying, of course with more under the curve to. listen my car is bone stock and slow, I am looking into heads and cams to see whats the best to maximize my potential, so far I have gtp then absolute speed, and what i see from the facts it seems like you give up a little going with a cnc'd head, I also did a search under joe prince and jpr and could not find anything but joe himself praising his own work, I like that Gtp, Tea, and abs. spd have cars that dyno in different parts of the country with guys like myself that will mail order, install and get tuned on an independent dyno and get realistic results, not saying that jpr's not posting real results, but i want to see proof from other cars on other dynos rather than the manufacturer saying it will make 450 hp. Im very critical, everyones out to sell you something, I just want to see solid proof
Old 07-22-2003, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hardtop and HD. Neither one of yous guys are gonna be in the 10s cause come fall there will be another excuse not to run :p

Especially HD. I already saw a "I hope I make it" post in the Fall shootout section.

Weiner.

BTW: I'm too slow to be fast.

Stu
I've been racing this year Stu. Got 2 trophys so far to show for it. :p

Bruce
Old 07-22-2003, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im also one of the crazy farmers friends with TEA stage 1.5 heads. 224 cam and I put down 435hp to the rear wheel. 400 ftlbs of torque. but I really havent got a chance to take it to the track, because Im in the US Navy and I have been on alot of Dets this year as you all know us military guys have been quite busy lately. I will be back in 8 months to do some racing, and I will run 10's. all with my little cam and TEA heads.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:16 AM
Stu
TECH Resident

\Im in the US Navy and I have been on alot of Dets this year as you all know us military guys have been quite busy lately.
I havent been busy The military has been doin somethin behind my back?

Stu
Old 07-22-2003, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Stu, its the dont ask dont tell policy LMAO

Ne: I get your point. But like ive said, their are tons of little dyno tricks and varibales that can effect those readings. One car may have dynoed 455, but on another dyno in a different state it may have only pulled 415 or so. Its hard to judge anything. I admitt, AS seems to have some killer dynos but I just never saw ET's from those cars. Im all about ET's and not about who has the most HP Setups vary on every friggin car also... i was just telling Dale that he would be happy with either set of heads No flames to anyone or any head company
Old 07-22-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everybody in the East will have a chance to put up or shut up on Oct 4th. T.E.A. vs A.S. vs GTP vs whoever. No fuss no muss. No excuses. Run what you brung. Said and done. Less than 3 months away! Be there or be square.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Stu
TECH Resident

Be there or be square???

Crunch, did you grow up in the 70s? :p
Old 07-22-2003, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Everybody in the East will have a chance to put up or shut up on Oct 4th. T.E.A. vs A.S. vs GTP vs whoever. No fuss no muss. No excuses. Run what you brung. Said and done. Less than 3 months away! Be there or be square.

Ive got a certain 01 WS6 supercharged car I wanna kick around a lil bit then LMAO
Old 07-22-2003, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

just do a search, theres alot more absolute cars putting down 430's and 440's than tea, I did a search yesterday thats what I found.
I know of 5 people putting down 430+rwhp with TEA heads...including myself and, Phil97SVT, and LoNSlo of the board.

I think all the headache of comparing TEA heads to Absolute heads isn't worth it. They're both quality heads and no matter which heads you go with you'll be a happy camper.

Just flip a coin and be done with it!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive got a certain 01 WS6 supercharged car I wanna kick around a lil bit then LMAO
I'm looking forward to it.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey crunch i guess ill be lining up with you then.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bring it on. If you're running the g-trim, then it looks like we're pretty evenly matched.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And I have some questions for you too.. about your 10.74 setup. I guess I'll shoot you an e-mail.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

the 10.74 is my old setup. i had jpr heads and a stock bottom end. now i have Absolute Speed heads and a merkel racing engines bottom end. I had some major lean isues, but now they are taken care of by a complete racing fuel system. By october i will have a different cam too. drop me an email @ mpsychoss@aol.com