Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS6 intake conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default LS1 to LS6 intake conversion

I am about to do this swap. I searched and searched. No great results. Please post up if you can help me real quick.

I want to delete the PCV system and add a breather. This is possible correct? My buddy reassures me it works and he did it on his car, yet other people wonder WTF i'm talking about. Supposedly I just buy a breather for like 40 bucks and it replaces the stock oil cap and I should have no problems at all.

Is this all i need to do for the conversion.

Thx guys, kind of a newb at this conversion at the moment. With your help I can be an expert.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some people running a breather in each valve cover with out any problems.I left the pcv on when I switched to an ls6 intake.There are a few good threads on what can happen by just using breathers.The experts say that you need to have a vacuum source at idle for street motors to pull contaminants and moisture from under the valve covers.Hope this helps you out.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

90nove is correct.

Having a good PCV system can be a good thing.. convert to the LS6 PCV system and a Catch can will help. Having neg pressure in the engine can help some and that is one thing that the PCV system can do for you. I have swaped to a LS6 intake and still use the LS1 PCV system but added a catch can (aka Homedepot oil seperator).

Doing away with the PCV and using breather is ok.. but not always good..it can be messy as the engine internal pressure or blow by from the rings will cause oil to be sprayed out though the breathers and everywhere inside your engine bay..
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok thanks guys. So the only negatives you guys can think of is:

-Not good at idle
-It can spray oil all over the engine bay

I wish some people who have a breather and those who have a catchcan will respond. I guess i just want the setup that is best for the engine. If you know any good info threads on the ls1 to ls6 conversion or you using breathers and catch cans please post them up for future reference for everyone.