Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotating Asby. Help, Sponsors, Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rotating Asby. Help, Sponsors, Suggestions

(I posted this in 3 other places but want to make sure I reach all my connestions.) For an "All Motor" car that wants to be on the edge of "too far", what pistons are needed for an All-Out Drag Car? Flat top or Deep dish? (Diamond or Mahle?) Going further than a -2, what would be the highest I could go to achieve near insane compression, (14-15), but not slamming the head? Looking for knowledgable people to help me understand this. Prefer all forged bottom end for "bullet proof" purposes. Also wondering about H-Beam rods and difference in a GM Crank and Aftermarket Crank. Also any sponsors that contact me (or I will contact them if recommended) I need this assembly balanced and ready to put in. With a feature story coming out, I will be happy to give credit to the company that can help me out timely and financially in this time of need, since my season just started and I am determined to do well this year. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want that much compression why not look into a dome piston? you can easily achieve 12.5:1 with a flat top, but i think to get what you're looking for you'd need a healthy dome. diamond and lunati both sell 10cc dome pistons, forged of course.

also, i would not invest in an aftermarket crank. it's not going to yield a very good hp to $ return, and i seriously doubt you'll break the factory piece. forged h beam rods are the only choice for a "bullet-proof" setup.