Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam sensor problem code 343, need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam sensor problem code 343, need help asap

ok i put in a lq9 motor in a 2000 trans am.. and i got all the adapters, connectors etc to make it work,, i fired the car up and the tach isnt working and the car runs rough,, ses comes on, and the car has no trottle response.. here is the thing where it gets crazy,, when i disconnect the plug for the cam sensor , it makes no difference,, but when i take a scanner and clear the codes for like 3 seconds the tach will work and cars trottle will be perfect, then throws the code and im back where i started.. does anyone have any idea what can it be? at first i thought there was something wrong with the motor, but obviously there isnt if when i clear the codes the car runs perfect for 3-4 seconds and then goes back to running like ****,, why would the tach work when i clear the code and as soon as 343 code pops up the tach stops working? anyone think it can be a computer problem.. i did put the ls2 cam sprocket because with the lq9 sprocket i couldnt switch cams.. is it possible that i have the wrong cam sensor and its reading wrong? or the wrong sprocket? thanks for your help..
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i posted this, but it would be incorrect unless your cam position sensor is in the front like an ls2/7

swap the polarity on the outside wires (1 and 3) on the cam position extension harness.

the cave man way would be to cut the wires/resplice.

i didn't want to booger up the wiring harness, so i took a small pick/screwdriver and popped out the pins and replaced it.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greg Fell
i posted this, but it would be incorrect unless your cam position sensor is in the front like an ls2/7

swap the polarity on the outside wires (1 and 3) on the cam position extension harness.

the cave man way would be to cut the wires/resplice.

i didn't want to booger up the wiring harness, so i took a small pick/screwdriver and popped out the pins and replaced it.
i tried that, no change,,
Old 04-08-2008, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

maybe this will help??
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/886236-anything-else-im-missing-my-engine-swap.html
Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT any progress on this ?

Quick Reply: cam sensor problem code 343, need help asap