Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Flywheel - to - Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Flywheel - to - Corvette

There are many posts that state that the LS1 is internally balanced and that the flywheel/pp are neutral balanced. Therefore, I would assume that I can take a flywheel from a 2000 camaro and install it in a 2001 corvette. On the other hand, there are a few posts that lead me to believe that a "C5" does depend on the flywheel for balance.

The corvette engine I have was an automatic, so it doesn't seem that the flywheel could have balanced much of anything.

My Question is: Can I take a flywheel from a 2000 camaro and install it in a 2001 corvette (formerly automatic transmission) and expect that the balance is correct?

Thank you all in advance,

Old 04-09-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2001 corvette flexplate (had planned on running an auto) and from what i see the flexplate just has a splined shaft that bolts to the fbody flexplate. I dont see any extra balancing or anything on it. I dont know for sure but i would assume that the flywheels are not weighted. I dont remember having to order a specific flywheel when i had my z06 built. Builder could have just ordered it anyway.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All LS1's are internally balanced. F-body or Corvette doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: Camaro Flywheel - to - Corvette