Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Stage 2 Heads - Initial Reactions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot Stage 2 Heads - Initial Reactions

Install is complete - Patriot Stage 2 heads milled 10/1000's and Futral's 228/230 .59x/.59x 113 cam.

Car started right up with no problems - found idle after only 15 seconds or so and leveled off at about 800 rpms. With the car capped up - it had a nice tone to it - but the lope wasnt very noticable (sleeper mode). Hooked the PP2 back up (wiring) and opened her up and you can definately tell - nice hallow lope sound to her.

Had a couple quick bugs to work out on the way home - car would act whacky (temp guage would jump up and down, rpm's would climb slightly and then die down). Did this twice in the first 15 minutes of driving. Made a couple pit stops on the way home - allowing for a few additional heat cycles on the springs and a couple engine cycles to help the computer adjust. Each time seemed to help.

On the last leg of my trip home, I had a clean 5.0 pull from behind me to along side me. Figuring I have broken it in properly (break it in like you drive it right - lol), I decided this was as good a time as any to test out the new setup. Downshift from 5th to 3rd at about 60 mph (4.30's), blipped the gas and then dropped the hammer - the Nitto's screeched a bit and she was gone - putting about 2-3 cars on the 5.0 by them time I hit 80mph. She felt REAL strong and the top end is SICK.

Stopped by a buddy of mines house (Hardtop) to let him check her out since he drives a H/C car himself and knows how one should feel better than I would obviously. He took it back out on the street and ran it through the gear and had the same opinion. He was very impressed with the package (he is a TEA car himself w/ the XER 224).

Wont speculate on power numbers or ET too much (I was humbled when cam only - lol) - but running cam only with an XER 224 cam (with a bad TPS and lifter), I was running 12.1-12.2 at about 115 mph and she is packing a WHOLE lot more now.

Trying to setup some dyno time ASAP to make sure everything is running as it should then off to the track it is.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Patriot Stage 2 Heads - Initial Reactions

great to hear

can't wait to see some dyno numbers with these heads
Old 08-04-2003, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

we shall see at the track.. TEA against Patriot ahahah

glad you like the setup. I wanna see some dynoes and I know others are dieing to see them also.

now I have the smallest cam on the east coast I think LMAO.. i didnt know you got that 228 thingy:-
Old 08-04-2003, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

No PV issues with the .59X lift and .010 milled. My Patriots are shaved .005 with a .595 lift. Should work nicely.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will,Glad you got it running ok and having fun let us know it dyno's.