Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Improper Valve Seal Install Can Cause Catastrophic Failure PICS INSIDE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be wasted but.......dont the prc duals come with new seats...what idiot uses a single spring seat on a double spring????
Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zach@MTI
I am ashamed to say that I read the other thread entirely...

Classic example of parts being installed incorrectly. TSP, you can't hold everyone's hand.
They have done fairly well at making this a complete circle though, and posting this informational thread to prevent future issues (which IMHO is just a common sense issue).

I can definately understand the frustration though at the crowd that want to bash sponsors before everything is worked out; but I also think that this is a great way to demonstrate the qualities of a great company. None of us are perfect, but I think this was a bad situation where ego stepped in and turned it into a disgraceful situation.

I am glad that TSP has posted this as they seemed to do it as a informational only and not really trying to bring up the drama of the prior thread; I am afraid it will be inescapable though.

Let me clarify myself so there is no misunderstanding, I think TSP is a class act and I think they tried to help out and don't think they have any blame in the matter. I also like to credit them for trying to hold the hands of their customers and trying to rectify a situation such as this by negotiating away their own cost at labor to re-machine a second hand customer's product in good faith.

**** happens though and will keep on happening...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

I also read the other thread in it's entirety and after all was said and done I am probably MORE likely to buy heads from TSP than before. Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
This is probably the second time I've ever heard of someone trying this in probably 5000+ spring kits all the vendors on ls1tech have sold.

This is why you always tripple check everything on installs. Coil bind, installed height, seat pressure, preload, etc, the list goes on... Its people who short-cut who have the problems.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right, then in the interweb world, they act like little bitches and blame the person who sold them the stuff.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and jason this is why i called you guys and got a set of them the other day
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I've never seen any double spring kits installed on a stock valve seal. I think if you do a little bit of measuring you'll find out there just isn't enough room between the stock seat assembly & the cylinder head material.

This is probably the second time I've ever heard of someone trying this in probably 5000+ spring kits all the vendors on ls1tech have sold.

I hardly think it's worthy of a sticky, but what do I know I got bashed by you guys for 3 pages over this...
I feel your pain because I know you guys do a lot of volume so just because of that you will see more craziness.

Believe it or not I have seen stuff like this continually for years and years and I am sure I will see it even more for years to come.

I hate saying it but you just can't make a product that is totally idiot proof!

We actually just got a set of head like this last month with the wrong ID locators and then another the month before that.

Both had the inner spring up on top of the step and it was coil binding early on one or both lobes.

Not from TSP but just from the general public. It happens a lot actually.

Quick Reply: Improper Valve Seal Install Can Cause Catastrophic Failure PICS INSIDE!!