Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI head/Cam package vs SLP Head/Cam package

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MTI head/Cam package vs SLP Head/Cam package

You can see in my sig I have MTI`s S2 heads and X1 cam.I`m A4 with 12-bolt and all, Safely tuned for spray and still pulled the numbers I have. I pulled timing and run rich for the spray. This set-up is awsome. Jayson and crew are there for everything. The service is the greatest. His tuning is life time. You would not believe how my car runs. Granted this cam makes the sound, no way to hide it. Check my Sig and see what I have. I have my dyno sheet, if anyone wants to see it let me know. You pay for what you get, Enough Said!
Old 08-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Badass pool player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's an old saying "You get what you pay for". MTI isn't the most inexpensive shop around, but if you're looking for unsurpassed quality, a warranty and great customer service then they're well worth it.

If you're curious as to why MTI charges a little more for labor, go by the shop and take a look around. If you want to know why MTI's heads are more expensive than most others, talk to Jayson and get a list of the parts that they use on a set of heads and how many manhours it takes to produce a set.

I paid over well over $40K for my Vette, I'm not going to scrimp on parts/labor when I'm upgrading it. The piece of mind that I get from having work done at MTI is well worth the difference to me.

Old 08-10-2003, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever have an internal part fail?

If you have on several occasions, you start to become very hesitant to slap the latest or cheapest part on your engine. Bad guides seize valves, bad port jobs can leak oil into the intake port, etc etc...

MTI is and will continue to be the best value for my money, period. And another twenty vendors selling $1500 heads wont change my mind.

just my opinion

chris
Old 08-10-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out my HP/TQ numbers in my signature with MTI's smallest cam!

Quick Reply: MTI head/Cam package vs SLP Head/Cam package