Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR's New S2 Dyno Results **Dyno Sheet Now Scanned**!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: JPR's New S2 Dyno Results!!!

id like to see how this car runs with a stock converter

where did you dyno this car????
Old 08-08-2003, 06:36 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Real impressive bro but..I'd like to see the FINAL numbers after the 4.10's and a big stall(EG.4200+)go into the car.Your gonna lose at least 30RW once those 2 mods go into the car and you'll be at 425RW like the rest of us.

Good luck....
Old 08-08-2003, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, those are nice numbers I need to dyno my car with my new heads and see if it comes close, if not, a new cam might be in order
Old 08-08-2003, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's amazing.

Even more impressive if the idle is low enough not to be pain with a stock stall.

Is this the first of the CNC heads based upon the heads on his car? I'm waiting for those bad boys to come out.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Great numbers!
Old 08-09-2003, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

SMOKIN JOE, great numbers man and glad it turned out better than you expected. Didnt you post up in the other thread where everyone was questioning Joe. Maybe some of the doubters should take notice to JPR's hard work and dedication instead of constanly calling bullchit everytime he turns out more great numbers. I guess that overtime people have forgotten that you dont have to have a fifteen bay 40,000 square foot shop to be able to put out good work. Hard work, attention to detail, and a drive to be the best will take you far.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Holy moly that's awesome! No way is that N20 either cuz the tourqe number's are right where they should be for N/A..Very impressive guy's..very impressive indeed! Is it a reverse/standard/or single pattern cam? Anyway's freakin sweet #'s..im jealous lol.

Carter
Old 08-09-2003, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice #'s man joe has been doing his homework on that setup.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Staging Lane

Hey guys...I am going to try to have the dyno sheet posted before lunch today.

To clear up a few questions since they've been asked about 6 times now...

First, I do not have the specs to the cam. Hence, custom cam I have no problem with that. I have known Joe long enough to trust what he puts in my car.

The heads are his S2 HVLD design. I believe a couple of you guys have them already. Joe put endless hours into the design of these puppies. They are fantasic. IMHO the best flowing LS1 head on the market...remember that's just my opinion. He had my head flowing 300cfm at .550!

For the record....No Nitrous was present anywhere near my car...LOL!! There was a white WS6 there with a 200 shot that only pulled 440 something...

I had pretty crappy weather for the dyno day too...82 degrees with 60% humidity.

I will be getting a stall. Now JS I don't believe I will be down in that 425 range. Joe ran 456 with his vigilante in..which is a smaller vert than mine, which in turn weighs less. That frees us a few ponies. I will also not be going to a 12 bolt and that low of gear. I am putting in 3.42's. That is where you lost your power. So I should gain HP with my new stall and gear setup.

The biggest thing was that we ran out of frequency with the MAF. We still have some tuning left to do....more power on the way

I will have track times as soon as the weather permits.. Jersey has been a mess this week...

Once again...I can't thank Joe and his crew enough. The car is absolutely amazing. You guys are great. Too bad it was my anniversary last night. Just let me know when you guys are free and dinner & beer are on me!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am impressed but not surprised, Joe knows his stuff, we here are all lucky he applies his knowledge and expertise to Advancing LS1 technology! We need more people result driven, than business minded offerr ing products on here!
Old 08-09-2003, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Pretty amazing set up!

Congradulations to Blk01WS6 & JPR!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:31 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Congrats bro.....
The numbers speak for themselves,I've NEVER doubted Joe's ability to make power.

Looking foward for some track times....

But for u to make a statement that your gonna PICK UP HP and TQ by going to a lower gear and a bigger stall (4000+)shows me you really dont know what your talking about blk01ws6.

Just ask Joe what I'm talking about bro,He'll key u in on the fundamentals of how things work.

If in fact your going to a 4000+ verter but ONLY a 3.42 I would expect u to still lose 15RW.I might be wrong but I dont this so bro.

I will however stick to my origional opinion,"If u put a 12-bolt/4.10 behind your 457RW setup and run a 4400 stall I bet the car would lose 30RW and I've seen it happen on at least 5 cars.

Bottom line,YOU HAVE A KILLER SETUP!!!
Good luck with her...

JPR
Old 08-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

JS,

Thanks for the props on the setup. I love it. As for the whole stall-gear situation. I was gauging my answer by comparing what I have to what Joe is running. He ran 1 HP lower than I did through a higher stall and lower gear and a cutout. So if I already have more power than his car with a stock stall 3.23's and no cutout...how can I lose power but putting in what he has?(3600 stall, 3.42's?) Are you saying I gained power by having a heavier torque converter and higher gear? I'm sure the higher gear makes a little difference, but from 3.23 to 3.42 you might be talking about 2-3 rwhp. The lighter stall will just add power.

Now as for putting in a 12 bolt I can totally agree. Those beasts are famous for the power loss.

I don't want this to become a flame match...I will talk to Joe about it...but thanks again for the compliments...

Old 08-09-2003, 09:53 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: JPR's New S2 Dyno Results **Dyno Sheet Now Scanned**!!!

Real impressive bro but..I'd like to see the FINAL numbers after the 4.10's and a big stall(EG.4200+)go into the car.Your gonna lose at least 30RW once those 2 mods go into the car and you'll be at 425RW like the rest of us.

Good luck....

Thanks guy's,

I don't want to speak for Ron, but I was already briefed on and asked to order up the next rounds of modds today.

#1 Vig 3,200 stall.
#2 3.42 gears.
#3 electric waterpump.
#4 QTP Cut out.
#5 a 3x3x4 Y pipe as opposed to his 2.5x3.0

Stall will actually loosen up more power locked down ie almost 30lbs lighter than the stocker currently + 3-4 rwh.

Ron's exaust is full and was closed for the tunning session.

3.42 gears - 2-3 rwh over the 3.23's (he isn't going with a 12 bolt or an unearthley A4 4:10 gear ever)

EWP, anywhere from 8-11 RWH depending on how it reacts to the modd.

3x3x4 Y pipe as high as 5-7 more rwh.

So I believe with the new parts installed, I can top off his package at 467-470 afterwards? slight MAF dip/bobble that were going to go back to work on next week for a cleaner number out of his current numbers. His idle is at 900 without any high strung drama, but makes a distinct crackling lope (old school) I know he has no intent of turning it into a drag car, just to have fun on the street and race it occasionally at the track Unlike what I'm doing for WILWAXU with the same exact package.

To answer a few questions...

Hard to tell where Ron peak powered at untill this MAF freq deal is fixed, but it looks like between 6,300 - 6,400 right now, rev extension won't go passed 6,600 due to a little MAF tunning quirk.

Dynoed at JD's Auto Repair in PA, sponsor to the right.

Video of dyno session was taped by "Merlins Rhelm" and available by dropping him an e-mail or he may post it?

Cam specs are proprietary, our specs are simmular to some very popular 230 cams out there right now.

This mentioned package is not for mail order, in house installs only with the customers choice of dynoing facility that I agree to, edit session is manditory. I know were not going to sell as much of these packages because of that fact, but I'm not here to do others homework.

I have a new M6 Vette thats getting my motor, so it will be interesting to see what that lays down, then this package is official.

His heads are 853 LS1 car castings milled for 10.8 compression.

Heads flow 300 cfm and higher after .550 lift with tiny runners.

Sorry it's been hard to get a hold of me lately, (I know who you all are) all e-mails will be returned before Monday, we have just been a bit busy latley.

Thanks!

Joe.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

The numerically higher gear 3:73 or 4:10 will cause u to drop in hp on the dyno. Also the big stall will eat up some HP on the dyno. Here is where dyno #'s are useless. After u add whatever gears and TC U WILL go faster than the car is NOW. It will just show a lesser # on paper for the dyno. Depending on your raceweight and setup you should see low 11's at Atco. Did u see my baby there? I miss her so. She is probably all filthy and gross. I am VERY ANXIOUS to get her back. See u soon. Bear. PS What is your name?
Old 08-09-2003, 11:04 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Bear is exactly right..

I'm suprised someone would tell people that a big veter wont take some HP away VS. a stock verter.

This is common sense?
As Bear explained,Once the lower gear/bigger verter go in it'll lose power on the dyno but it'll be MUCH quicker at the track and thats what counts...

I do agree it wont be much going from 3.23's to 3.42's but it'll lose 3 or 4RW.U will however lose about 10RW going from a stock verter to a 3200.

Now for the cutout = Easy 6RW
EWP I agree there too = 10RW
!PS about = 3RW
He has a HOOKER Y now,I would leave it alone.

Its gonna make serious power(440+)and you should be proud of this package but lets not mess with factual evidence that all the other shops(TR,MTI,ARE,Etc)have seen for years which is:

U will lose power gearing down and vertering up in most cases---->PERIOD!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 12:15 PM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

Bear is exactly right..

I'm suprised someone would tell people that a big veter wont take some HP away VS. a stock verter.

This is common sense?
As Bear explained,Once the lower gear/bigger verter go in it'll lose power on the dyno but it'll be MUCH quicker at the track and thats what counts...

I do agree it wont be much going from 3.23's to 3.42's but it'll lose 3 or 4RW.U will however lose about 10RW going from a stock verter to a 3200.

Now for the cutout = Easy 6RW
EWP I agree there too = 10RW
!PS about = 3RW
He has a HOOKER Y now,I would leave it alone.

Its gonna make serious power(440+)and you should be proud of this package but lets not mess with factual evidence that all the other shops(TR,MTI,ARE,Etc)have seen for years which is:

U will lose power gearing down and vertering up in most cases---->PERIOD!!!

I'm not going to argue the fine points with anyone, but with the future mods listed for his car will go the numbers I just stated as sure as I'm sitting here.

Quote:
"I'm suprised someone would tell people that a big veter wont take some HP away VS. a stock verter."

My opinion:
Thats true and never argued that running a high stall open on the dyno will loose about 18-20m RWH open, but you even told me months ago that I have to lock high stalls down LIKE EVERYONE ELSE on the dyno for a more accurate 1-1 ratio FWH % to RWH, so this would kinda replicate an M6 in a sence, but with less rotating mass/weight over a stock converter, even if he were to loose 10-11 rwh straight up locked down, the EWP will cancel it out. Dosen't matter right now cause next time on the dyno he will be better prepared ie #2 pull represented in this post and no further pulls were nessesary facing an existing edit tune problem that was brought to my attention from Brien Herter from PCM'sforless and that the problem would actually get worse if he opened the exhaust, there were 3 pulls in total sheet #4+ will be up next .

Quote:
"He has a HOOKER Y now,I would leave it alone"

Correction:

He isn't running a HOOKER Y pipe right now,like I mentioned above he is running a custom hand bent 2.5 x 2.5 x 3 out Y pipe and will benifit as I did going to the Mufflex 3 x 3 x 4 out Y pipe .

JP
Old 08-09-2003, 01:38 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Gotcha on the ORY,I stand corrected even though I ran 118MPH threw a JUNK (it doesnt flow) MAC Y

Thank u for at least agreeing with the verter statements and I do agree with u that your EWP will cancel ANY loss from the 3200.

I meant no disrespect about your setup and I know your making the power.

Something tells me Elvis have something alittle BIGGER going between the fenders in his Camaro now.

Good luck with the new setups,EWP and the R&D.
Hopefully we'll be able to hook up at Atco for some chili and crank a few off.

Again keep up the good work..
Old 08-09-2003, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

JS, Let me add my two cents...

Since he is dynoing with a locked converter, I await your explanation of the physics of how a lighter smaller diameter converter will eat HP relative to his stocker. Alternatively, show me where someone has lost HP on the dyno, locked vs. locked, by switching to a high stall converter.

I think we are all in agreement on the effect of high numerical gears tending to eat some HP, so I'll leave that be.

Once again, Joe, congrats on backing up your amazing numbers. I look forward to you putting John into the 10s on stock cubes.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: JPR's New S2 Dyno Results **Dyno Sheet Now Scanned**!!!

Coming from JPR this is expected.. Awesome #'s..