Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another oil thread........Quakerstate Syn?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
Where can i order it off the net?
WS6 Store has it in stock but it will cost you after shipping. If you happen to have a local AutoZone out there in Idaho they might have it.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
I asked about German Castrol at a couple places and they looked at me like i didnt know what i was talking about. People in these stores around here can be quite a joke.
They probably won't know what it is even if they have it but if you look around the store you might find it -it will look something like the bottle in this thread and will state "Made in Germany" on the back.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/274691-german-castrol-oil-pic.html
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
They probably won't know what it is even if they have it but if you look around the store you might find it -it will look something like the bottle in this thread and will state "Made in Germany" on the back.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274691
Thanks some helpful info. Why does it say 0-30? Also are they all red/black bottles? Anyway, i swore to never go back to the local AutoZone after they hired a couple of ricers. Its either Checkers or Kirkhams. So hope they have it, although im not due for another 2000 miles. Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Default Give them a call

Give him a call nice guy will talk ur ear off about ur car....... also ask him about his octane boost ......... **** is amazing .......
Old 05-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Launching!

I heard a rumor that walmarts synthetic oil is actually Quaker State synthetic oil . Does anyone know if this is true ? If so , $3 bucks a quart seems like a good deal !
Old 05-31-2008, 08:51 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gtorep
Quakers Peak performance conventional oil is no different than any others, they use the same high qaulity bases and detergents that all the other brands use. And it has not been responsible for any sludge issues since the late 70's, Same with Pennzoil. Sludging is usually a result of owner/ opperator neglect. People are quick to blame the last product they put in the engine for all of there problems and quickly forget that there was a few times in there vehicles life that they ran the oil up to 7500 miles and overheated a few times, or the time they were strapped for cash and bought the 1.59 OIL at the parts store?

Point being that name brand oils rarely if ever cause sludging issues, There chemistry departments are paid too well.
Absolutely. All over the counter oils are so close now that brand selection is choosing what color bottle you like. All SM oils are not great in performance applications. No oil is blended the way it was two years ago, much less ten to twenty. The Quaker State synthetic will perform as well as Mobil 1 or any other SM synthetic product. FWIW, Quaker State Q Racing oil may be the best racing oil that the average person can actually buy now. I sent an unused sample out for testing, and the additive package was unreal. The flashpoint was also over 500.
Its amazing how many twenty year olds on here were tearing down motors in the seventies.