Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Engine Cranks But Wont Start?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation HELP!!! Engine Cranks But Wont Start?!?!?!?!

Alrighty. So I drove my car to work this morning, car ran great. Never took it over 3k. Got to work, parked on the side of the building, turned it off and brought my stuff inside. Went back outside to move it to the back of the building and started to crank it and then heard a loud backfire . The only way thing to compare it to to give you a good idea of how loud it was is a shotgun. I mean it was loud. After that I let it sit a minute, then I tried to start it again. It would crank and crank and crank but no luck starting. Once again I let it sit for a few minutes and tried it again. Another loud backfire. I mean this one got the attention of the whole building. Now my car is sitting on the side of the building, hood open. I need input and need it fast. All my fuses are good. I have fuel pressure, no gauge but I checked the schrader vavle. I'm trying to avoid having my car towed home today, but if I can't get it started without hand tools, on the flat bed she will go. So please help me out guys.....I need it....

-Dave
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like the car was flooded with gas. or maybe water in the gas tank. could also be, if you put gas recently, that there was water in the gas stations tank. Other than that, I have no clue, but when I think of something, I will repost!

Good Luck
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you check for spark?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Spark Plugs
Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Thats right, also make sure the plug wires are on right and that the electrical wire clips are connected properly.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Restricted User

figured out the problem....

Ligenfelter Launch Control!!!

disconnected it and the car ran fine.....I called lingenfelter and they tried to tell me that my line lock solenoid causes a diod in the box to burn out....so yea....I'm sending it back to them tomorrow and hopefully the turn around wont be that bad...