Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

228/228 114 ok on stock TC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Stock longblock cars with full bolt ons are running low-mid 12's very typically, with some breaking into the high 11's. Talking about 300-400hp cars here.. your ET is in your 60ft time. Your 60ft is going to be crap with a stock stall. And his car WILL be faster with a cam and a stock stall thanit is right now, but if he kept the stock cam and put a good stall in it, it would be faster, that's what I'm saying.

Have a look at some of the faster stock heads and cam cars running big stalls:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/628613-quickest-stock-internals-list-11-79-bump.html

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the first 2 mods that should be done to an A4 are a Stall and Gears. You won't have a dyno queen, but no one races on a dyno. I'd rather put UP a number than put DOWN a number, you know what I mean?

there is no doubt about it that i would agree with that. i was under the impression that people were saying a stock cam/stock stalled car would beat another car with an aftermarket cam/stock stall. i just don't see that happening unless the cam is extremely large.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I will drop in a stall when I drop the eng for the rebuild. I'm even going to look for a spare trans just in case. I know I'll want at least 1 or 2 passes before the trans rebuild and hope it holds. As far as speed or who's faster this setup or another isn't an issue to me. No mater what the end result will be done right. I just wanted to know if I can drive it with the stock TC for a bit...

Quick Reply: 228/228 114 ok on stock TC?