Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock lifter diagnosis?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock lifter diagnosis?

developed a ticking noise that seemed to be coming from the drivers side by the no1 cyl., removed the plugs and manually turned the eng. over about 6 times and then i set it to no1 tdc of the compress. stroke. found all but one lifter had the usual spring tension when you push the pr down. the no1 exh. was stiff. hydraulic lock maybe?, so i installed the rocker for that lifter to 22ftlbs. and let sit overnight, now i have the spring tension back, so is the lifter doomed or is there a fix, like an oil treatment to possibly clean out the orifice in the lifter? i got 68kmi

Last edited by jetblast; 08-04-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure I follow what you did, but are you running stock pushrods with the hot cam and have you checked that pushrod for straightness?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Not sure I follow what you did, but are you running stock pushrods with the hot cam and have you checked that pushrod for straightness?
pr are 7.350 manley and they are straight. don't the stock lifters have a sping built into them? with the push rods set in place and you pushing down on the the end towards the lifter, there is some travel and it certainly feels like spring tension except for the no1 exh.. i need help guys, i have done a search for lifters here but have not found anything definite.