Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 gto oil psi

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 gto oil psi

the check engine oil is showing up on the cluster as the car runs sometimes it pop's up right when you frist start it and sometimes when just running i am not driving the car at all. The top end is very noise and sounds like its not getting oil. i am looking to buy this car off my dealer that i work for. were can i test oil psi the best on this motor and what should i look for.and yes i rest the oil change. Its just weird some times it act's up sometimes its okay.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

normally i would say its a faulty oil pressure switch, but when you say the engine makes noise, i worry...try and see if when you rev the engine when you first start it cold that the light goes off faster than normal...if so you got an oil pressure problem...also check the oil level, also check for any oil leaks...personally i wouldnt buy a car with oil pressure problems especially if it makes engine noise...good luck!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

i am pulling it in the shop to test it soon but i have a nother ls1 short block sitting around thats why i want to buy it