Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching valve springs on new AFR heads (still off the car)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like Tony and BYUNSPEED are providing good customer service, given the choice get the 8019's.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Listen....

Assuming you have a brand new set of OUR standard springs (which you should), send them to AFR directly and we will only charge you our upgrade price which you would have paid in the first place ($100) had you ordered them that way. The only costs you would be incurring is the back and forth on the freight and obviously the hassle of swapping out the springs.

This thread is a good example of why you want to get all your ducks in a row before you pull the trigger....I know some of it is because you may not have gotten the right advice, or perhaps didn't provide them with all the details but at this point its water under the bridge. If in doubt its always best to contact the manufacturer or as I mentioned before a quick PM to myself personally and all of this could have been avoided.

Call me at AFR....I need to give you an RMA number for the return assuming you decide to move forward with this. Getting the right springs is important however and it seems your combination and the fact you plan on using nitrous down the line justify the time and trouble of getting our 8019's.

(661)257-8124 Ext. 109

-Tony
Old 08-09-2008, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could not have said it more perfectly Tony..

There are people who actually work on cars, and then there are people who just sell parts.. I have made the same mistake by listening to wrong advice and making VERY expensive mistakes. Even though I personally work on the cars, I am ALWAYS calling the manufacturer to find out what they reccomend.

Your statement of ONLY charging the customer the upgrade price, is a true testimate of AFR's unbelieveable reputation..

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Listen....

Assuming you have a brand new set of OUR standard springs (which you should), send them to AFR directly and we will only charge you our upgrade price which you would have paid in the first place ($100) had you ordered them that way. The only costs you would be incurring is the back and forth on the freight and obviously the hassle of swapping out the springs.

This thread is a good example of why you want to get all your ducks in a row before you pull the trigger....I know some of it is because you may not have gotten the right advice, or perhaps didn't provide them with all the details but at this point its water under the bridge. If in doubt its always best to contact the manufacturer or as I mentioned before a quick PM to myself personally and all of this could have been avoided.

Call me at AFR....I need to give you an RMA number for the return assuming you decide to move forward with this. Getting the right springs is important however and it seems your combination and the fact you plan on using nitrous down the line justify the time and trouble of getting our 8019's.

(661)257-8124 Ext. 109

-Tony
Old 08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Listen....

(661)257-8124 Ext. 109

-Tony
Like I mentioned in my PM to you last night, the one you replied to, I'll call you on Monday so I can buy the right stuff from you.

Originally Posted by Jeff@TotalPerformanceEng
You could not have said it more perfectly Tony..

There are people who actually work on cars, and then there are people who just sell parts.. I have made the same mistake by listening to wrong advice and making VERY expensive mistakes. Even though I personally work on the cars, I am ALWAYS calling the manufacturer to find out what they reccomend.

Your statement of ONLY charging the customer the upgrade price, is a true testimate of AFR's unbelieveable reputation..
You couldn't be more right with this statement.

Quick Reply: Switching valve springs on new AFR heads (still off the car)?