Other, follow up with a post of what/why
19.61%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Broken PRC ls6 heads... What to replace with? MS3 Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, I do know, that is why is said the work was never performed in a garage. I only performed the hand finishing to your cylinder heads, not the rest of the work. Actually not going to name where some of the other work (valve jobs) was performed that did cause PRC to bring the work in-house. At that time the CNC work was performed somewhere else. This caused delays in shipping products. The SAM grad you speak of sucked something bad. He did not last to long, and had nothing to due with the success of PRC. The success of PRC was/is the consistent hard work that Jason, I and the current crew that work there put in. I agree since now that all of the work is performed in-house there is better quality control. Your story is part correct, but hey allot of things changed for the better over the last 4 years. All of that old stuff has nothing to due with the current products sold by PRC.

Last edited by TVWilkes; 09-12-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I do not keep data logged on all that happens, Back when that SAM grad. was brought on board, you guys were full of praise (guess it didn't work out). So you are Terry from Racetech, you must have been overwhelmed not to notice one water passage blocked to the size of a nail hole (got to play with the grinder),the deep nicks on the gasket surface that I had to mill .01 to straighten out and the Tit. retainer lodged in the intake runner.
As I said that is long ago and you guys doing much much better nowadays.
So mostly what I said is correct and PRC did not start at TSP in-house from day 1.

All that is gone history, your heads are night and day compared to those times.
Yet one thing still remains the same, you guys still get upset if anyone (like me) questions or ask questions about this or that when you guys get on a new product launch bandwagon.

Basicaly this is our experience between myself and TSP and why I give input from my experience and not just take eveything for granted.

As I said I have no ill feelings or issues with you guys, just over the years, just like yourselves, my experience has grown in LSx products and sometimes I know what could be potential hazard or not such good practice.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Well I do not keep data logged on all that happens, Back when that SAM grad. was brought on board, you guys were full of praise (guess it didn't work out). So you are Terry from Racetech, you must have been overwhelmed not to notice one water passage blocked to the size of a nail hole (got to play with the grinder),the deep nicks on the gasket surface that I had to mill .01 to straighten out and the Tit. retainer lodged in the intake runner.
Predator-Z,
I'm not sure about all of that. Like I said I didn't perform all of the work. 4 years is a long time to remember, But that is a far cry from today.

Last edited by TVWilkes; 09-12-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I know Terry, you guys do awsome work for the price. LS community is lucky to have dedicated poeple like TSP and yourself.
We both know it is a tuff business as well. I wish to meet all of you one day, maybe in person all smoke will clear and we all would enjoy our gearhead company.
I'm from Houston BTW (my mom is)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

That sounds good Predator-Z. You and your family and the Texas area people is in my prayers.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, they have been busy boarding for 2 days now.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres another pic, this one of the head itself.

I still haven't taken the otherside valve cover off yet, probably gonna start ripping the heads off this weekend.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

i've been dealing with matt at tsp the last couple of days,so far he's put up with my crap and i gotta say they're great people to deal with plus all my boys said to use them based on their experience.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
I'm sorry but we simply can not warranty a head from 2005. Even if you were the original purchaser, our warranty is ONE year to the original purchaser from the date of purchase.

After 3 years, it is hard to positively link this head to the run that had some core shift issue. The ports have indeed been updated since then to add more material to the roof of the port. However, we are constantly updating the port design looking for more air Jon Reynolds
Jon - Normally I would agree with this statement about sticking to a warranty. But if this was a known issue at the time and you changed the port design as a direct result, I would think TSP would make an exception by at least taking these heads back for inspection. A special one-time customer accommodation would go a long way toward customer satisfaction as well. Of course, that's up to you and TSP.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

::Sigh:: Sorry but not trying to , but I recently pulled my motor and had the rocker pedestal broken on my PRC Stage 1 heads. My pic's look just like z28poweredlt1's.

z28poweredlt1, best of luck with your car. Not really sure where i'm going to go from here...

Last edited by Mssingkid; 10-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TSP should atleast sell you a new set of heads for cost of materials only. You can sell your junk heads for a few bucks even if just for the scrap aluminum.

TSP should only charge you for parts. All machining and labor should be on them IMO.

I bet if it were a Patriot head you would have already had a new set of complete heads, seriously.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it were me i would go ahead and get a set of TFS heads. They are the cream of the crop right now.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry I forgot to update this thread. The car had new TSP stage 2.5, 5.3 heads. Runs great after a new tune! Can't really tell a whole lot of power difference up or down. I've been riding the motocycle lately so this thing feels slower than a pig!
Old 11-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Launching!

was there any difference on the dyno??
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Haven't put it back on the dyno yet. I'm trying to find a little gas saver locally so I wanna save a little change. I'll get in on the dyno eventually though.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
We can set them up without springs for you with new seats and seals installed on the heads so you can just carry your springs, retainers, and locks over to the new heads.

Thanks!
Jon Reynolds
Huh, why in the world would he carry over 3+ year old springs instead of just replacing them while everything is apart?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Launching!

tfs dumdumdum.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
As I said that is long ago and you guys doing much much better nowadays.
So mostly what I said is correct and PRC did not start at TSP in-house from day 1.
I've never had any trouble at all with TSP, they used to be the closet shop to me before i move so they saw a lot of my business. I know they've had there issues here and there but most any shop thats been around over the years and does the volume of sale that they do will.

I was one of the very first to get a set of the 2.5 5.3's when they came out, that was at the point when they were trying to get everything setup in-house and get there 5-axis put in. due to the in between a local race shop in Lubbock was out sourced to do mine, I know who, you can PM me if you want.

Quick Reply: Broken PRC ls6 heads... What to replace with? MS3 Cam